Manager, Sales Operations
Posted 3 months ago
The Manager, Sales Operations will play a pivotal role in supporting the continued growth of Abstract. This role combines strategic planning, sales operations, and Salesforce system ownership and administration. Success in this role means assisting the appropriate sales group or business partner to drive visibility, efficiency, and value in our sales process. This role will span many functions -- from evaluating worldwide market opportunities, supporting the creation of the product growth strategy, business planning, market segmentation, sales pipeline analysis, and Salesforce architecture. Deliverables include detailed analytic models, custom performance analysis, building a scalable reporting infrastructure, and packaging findings into presentation-ready content for executives. Expected impact across the GTM organization includes but is not limited to improving lead conversions, win rates, sales efficiency, forecast visibility, customer renewals, and ultimately overall business revenue growth.
- Own Salesforce.com and operational support in areas including system maintenance, user and security management, configuration and customization, and coordination efficiency improvements
- Design and interpret key performance metrics
- Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations
- Deliver insights & recommendations
- Development and execution of GTM compensation plans
- Assist in developing and delivering presentations for senior executives
- Support strategic initiatives including fixing weak segments and investing in emerging markets
- Troubleshoot operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems and processes to address the root cause of the issue
- Act as a subject matter expert for Salesforce, other sales tooling, and other integrated systems to internal and external customers
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Management Consulting, SaaS Operations or a similar field
- 3+ years experience and in-depth knowledge on Salesforce administration related to user management, workflows, security and roles, standard and custom objects, reports and dashboards and customization
- Valuable work experience focused on quantitative analysis, Excel, and logical reasoning
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions
- Demonstrate relentless curiosity and possess a passion for creating innovative analysis to identify opportunities
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to influence management
- Experience in handling multiple system integration projects with programming knowledge such as Java, C#, PHP and/or APEX
- API development using REST, SOAP, JSON, XML and/or web services
- Experience with Outreach, UsherConnect, CPQ systems, or other similar technologies
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on design files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Cisco, Intuit, Pandora, Wayfair, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is a remote-first company with employees in 30+ states across the US. If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you! Though we're a distributed team, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Benefits & Additional Notes
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we are able to offer competitive pay and a 401k.