Engineering Manager, Advertiser Success
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Who We Are
Advertising is Reddit’s primary business model and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities that drive action. Reddit has a massive opportunity to build a highly differentiated ads business.
You will be joining Advertiser Success (AS) as a leader supporting the team’s mission to empower advertisers to quickly and easily find value with Reddit Ads. All of Reddit’s ads revenue flows through systems owned by Advertiser Success. We are a vertical product team that works across the stack, primarily focused on the frontend, APIs, and backend services powering ads.reddit.com. We are a small team with a large scope, tackling any technical challenge necessary to meet the needs of our advertisers. Product areas we’re currently focused on include:
- Automation and Intelligence – Making recommendations and forecasts to help advertisers plan and manage their campaigns. Example projects include inventory forecasting, bid recommendations, and automated targeting selections.
- Campaign Management – Creating ads manager that scales to support a multibillion dollar business. Example projects include UI component library, creative library, and audience manager.
- Reporting – Providing granular insights to our advertisers about their ROI with Reddit ads. Examples projects include timezone support, breakdowns on multiple targeting dimensions, and subreddit-level reporting.
What You’ll Do
You will own the execution of your team’s roadmap and be accountable for consistent, predictable delivery. You will ruthlessly prioritize both planned projects and emergent asks. You will coach Tech Leads on project management and empower your team to execute autonomously. You will identify risks and proactively communicate them both internally and externally.
AS will grow aggressively during your tenure at Reddit, and our engineering managers are directly responsible for scaling up their teams. You will identify your team’s needs, write job descriptions, source, interview, and sell candidates. You will have the support of our incredible recruiting team to bring diverse and talented engineers into Reddit.
You will help your engineers identify career goals and create development plans to achieve them. You will constantly seek opportunities to push your engineers outside their comfort zone and turn followers into leaders.
You will work with your team to develop processes and tooling that constantly improve the quality of our products and systems, ensuring that they meet product requirements, customer needs, and SLAs.
You will serve as a thought partner to product and upper management to ensure your team’s plans align with company goals. You will become an expert in the digital ads business and our customer needs. You will participate in and challenge prioritization decisions. You will communicate your team’s work and set expectations with external stakeholders.
- 1+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- Able to define and manage to SLAs while delivering on an ambitious product roadmap
- Strong advocate for testing and code quality
- Excellent communicator who can translate complex technical concepts into simple ideas depending on the audience
- Experience leading teams with a strong customer focus