Senior Commissioning Editor 10 month FTC
SAGE PublishingSAGE is a global academic publisher of books, journals, and a growing suite of library products and services.
About our company
SAGE Publishing is an independent, leading academic and professional publisher. We are a growing company, with over 1,500 employees based in London, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Singapore, New Delhi and Melbourne.
We believe that education is intrinsically valuable to a healthy society and we're dedicated to producing high-quality content in our books, journals and digital products.
We're passionate about contributing to our local communities; we run a diverse mix of community-based programs each year and we make sure everyone has the chance to get involved.
About our team
- You will be working within SAGE’s dynamic SAGE Research Methods Editorial Team, situated in the UK office, commissioning and developing a wide range of multimedia content for SAGE’s globally recognized SAGE Research Methods platform (https://methods.sagepub.com/).
- This platform and its accompanying products are made available to students, faculty and researchers worldwide through the academic library market. Its content and accompanying tools are designed to support excellence in research methods teaching and learning, and independent research practice at all levels.
- As part of the SAGE Research Methods Editorial team, you will work collaboratively with global colleagues across the business, especially in Editorial, Marketing, Production, Product Management and Sales.
- We make Diversity, Equity and Inclusion a guiding principle both for developing our content and our team.
Could you be our new Senior Commissioning Editor?
- We are looking for an experienced Commissioning Editor with strong Editorial instincts to come into our team on a temporary basis to replace one of our team members who has taken a year’s learning sabbatical.
- You are effective at collaborating with internal colleagues to achieve project goals and strategic objectives; in particular, you will be comfortable managing other Editorial team members
- You will be confident in creating positive, engaged working relationships that get the most out of our video contributors and other external clients
- You can make sound commercial decisions that impact positively on product development and profitability
- You are also able to demonstrate effective decision-making and problem-solving
- Finally, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate real enthusiasm for digital publishing and/or learning, and the value of academic research or research methods in supporting education or researcher outcomes
Your new role will include:
- Be the lead Editor for our established and growing portfolio of streaming video Research Methods collections published on the SAGE Research Methods platform
- Project manage and commission content for our 2023 SAGE Research Methods video collection currently under development, working with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Help to define some future publishing opportunities for the SAGE Research Methods Video collection series, in collaboration with the Director, Library Editorial
- Manage a small, but an engaged team of Editors supporting the development of SAGE Research Methods video collections, specifically an Associate Editor and an Assistant Editor
- Set, track, and manage to commission targets and costs for you and your Editorial team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality online content that meets the expectations for SAGE, and is competitive in the market
- Work closely with other internal team members and wider SAGE colleagues in these endeavours and more
This is a remote position, however, we ask that you are available once a month to attend our London office for our "anchor day"
Please include a cover letter with your application
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and Inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs