Washington, District of Columbia, United States - Remote
TechFlow, Inc. is hiring CX/UX practitioners to assist the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in developing a strategy to enhance the public’s experience with DHS products and services. DHS is focused on improving customer experience in the domains of travel, immigration, and law enforcement. Your teammates on this project will be other CX/UX experts, including researchers, designers, and content writers. As a member of the team, you will be writing and developing content that contributes to an accessible and positive user experience. This is a full-time, remote position with TechFlow. We intend to hire CX practitioners desiring a long-term position who will work on a variety of contracts during their tenure.
- Leverage user experience artifacts to develop content that targets user needs and supports business goals.
- Use storytelling to create accessible user-facing content in a variety of mediums and audiences.
- Create an editorial calendar or roadmap that ensures on-time delivery of content in the appropriate stages of the development process.
- Develop relevant content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs.
- Contribute to content audits and gap analysis. Review existing material to determine what is relevant, consistent, redundant, or missing for each target audience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in writing and editing technical documentation for technical systems in accordance with established writing standards.
- Strong writing skills in a variety of styles/mediums.
- Thorough understanding of UX research and design best practices.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to create or assess the content suitability.
- Familiarity with product and service delivery in the government.
- Strong presentation skills to a range of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience creating accessible web or mobile content that considers diverse populations, people with disabilities, and differing literacy levels.
- Experience with the Agile development process (implemented at various levels of fidelity).
- US Citizenship required; Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Security Clearance.
- This is a remote position but requires occasional travel 2-3 times per year to DC area for team and or client meetings. Must be available to provide support and accommodate meetings on Eastern Standard time zone schedule.
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial clients such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and others modernize their business systems. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Washington DC, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative engineering, technology, integration solutions, and support services to the Federal Government’s most demanding mission and business challenges.
Our culture thrives on out-of-the-box thinking and the unique powerful entrepreneurial expressions of our employee-owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, we have a shared expectation of commitment, accountability, and responsibility driven by a culture that embraces innovation and new ideas. Our goal is not to do what has been done, but to do it better.
TechFlow has four principal lines of business: Platform Services, Digital Services, Base Operations and Energy and Mobility Solutions. Our company has a strong track record of successful contracts in both areas and encourages cross-collaboration.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) – Pride in being an employee-owner and annual employer contribution (per plan guidelines)
- 401k plan with Roth option.
- Eligibility for an employer match.
- Immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Holidays – 10 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid Life & AD&D insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Resources
- Company-paid training and development program
- Voluntary benefits include:
- Life & AD&D Insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Short-term and long-term disability (per plan guidelines)
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft protection plans
- Pet Insurance
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer II - (Remote - US)Analytics APIs AWS Azure BigQuery Blog posts Cloud +10
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Team events +1
Omics Data Automation Inc
Software Engineer IIAgile Azure Cloud Computer Science Data Analysis DevOps Integrations +8
Career development Equity Health care Medical leave Startup environment
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs