Chief Financial Officer
London or Remote
Finance is only relevant in context. People don't take out a loan in order to take out a loan; they take out a loan to refurbish a home, expand their business to a new location, or otherwise achieve a goal that happens to require a substantial amount of money.
Technology is increasingly enabling companies to embed finance at the point where it is most relevant and contextual. This is a trend that is well under way, and we're heading towards a future where people and firms get most of their financial services and products from technology companies and other non-bank firms, rather than high street banks.
The problem is that bringing a financial product to market is still incredibly hard.
Griffin exists to help make it easy for companies to offer financial products. We are currently seeking authorisation to become a bank, so that we can provide accounts, payments and loans to our customers.
We are highly intentional about our culture, and look to define it both by who we are (core values) and by how we work (core behaviours). We won't hire people who aren't a good fit for our culture, even if they're otherwise qualified.
We're looking for thoughtful people who don't give up easily and who strive to be kind in their words and actions. As product designers, we are always looking for ways to simplify complex things and we take security very seriously. As a financial institution, we believe that our customers' trust is our single most valuable asset and we will go above and beyond to earn and keep it. We are transparent by default.
You can learn more about our culture and values on our website.
The Finance team
Like most of Griffin, the Finance team is in its infancy. If successful, you will work closely with our CEO and Board to own and grow the function here at Griffin*.*
This is a collaborative environment, and you will work closely with all other functions in the business. You’ll perform a pivotal role in getting our products to market and growing the firm.
Who are you
The ideal candidate for this job will have most of the following:
- Previous experience of working at an executive level within the UK’s banking sector
- Prior board experience as an executive director
- Experience of liaising directly with regulatory bodies such as the FCA and PRA
- Experience of being involved with fundraising and liaising with investors
- Prior experience working directly with core banking system(s)
You should be strong at:
- Internal communication and cross-functional collaboration
- Commercial conversations and negotiations with prospects, investors, or potential partners
- Dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity - this is an early-stage business, and we’re still figuring things out out
- Rolling up your sleeves, where needed, to get things done yourself
- Written communication - we have many documents to draft and frequently communicate over Slack: as such, we place a high degree of importance on clarity and readability (read more about how we write )
What will you be doing here?
As Chief Financial Officer at Griffin, you will...
- Own, manage and grow the Finance Guild at Griffin
- Serve on Griffin’s board as one of the firm’s two executive directors
- Serve on the executive committee
- Chair the executive Assets and Liabilities Committee (Alco)
- Own the generation and maintenance of all financial models
- Own and develop several key regulatory documents, including the ICAAP, ILAAP, PPR, and LCP
- Develop and own all internal and external financial and regulatory reporting
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to help the build and launch of our products
- Support our CEO in fundraising and strategy for Griffin’s growth.
- Liaise with the FCA and PRA where appropriate
- Ensure we meet our regulatory capital and liquidity requirements on an ongoing basis
This role will report into our CEO, and will have a dotted line to the Chair of the Board.
What can we offer you?
We are an early stage startup and we're working hard to expand our benefits package. We're planning to add to this list in the future
- 25 days off a year + bank holidays
- Flexible, remote-friendly working - including supporting home office setup
- Tax-advantaged stock options under HMRC's Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Auto-enrolment into company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave with up to 6 months at full pay
- Private medical insurance and life insurance (provided by AXA and AIG respectively)
- A weekly team lunch on Griffin (even when you're working remotely)
How do I apply?
Please include a cover letter, a resume and a link to your online portfolio where appropriate. We cannot review applications without these. If there's a match our Talent team will reach out to schedule an initial conversation and talk you through our interview process in detail
N.B: We have a small London office in Moorgate, and we are comfortable hiring people to work from anywhere in the UK. About half of the company is based within occasional commuting distance of London, the other half is full-time remote.
If you’re part of a group that is under-represented or marginalised in fintech, we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is for Griffin to proportionally represent the diversity of the working population in society. We’re working to ensure that Griffin is a supportive, empowering and inclusive environment for every member of our team — whatever your intersection of identities & background.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs