Research & Development Manager, Formulation
Remote (United States)
NutrafolThe #1 dermatologist-recommended hair growth supplements for men and women. 100% drug free, clinically proven using patented technology for visibly thicker hair with less shedding.
#KeepGrowing with Nutrafol
Come grow with us. We’re a growing company. Everything we do, we do to help people grow into the best version of themselves.
As the pioneers of hair wellness, we create natural, clinically effective solutions for hair growth and provide support for people at every step of their hair journey. Our multi-factorial approach targets the root causes of hair thinning using a patented blend of medical-grade botanicals -- and is recommended by over 3,000 physicians and hair professionals for trusted, reliable results.
We never settle, and are continuously challenging existing treatments and methodologies to advance the frontier of hair science. As we help our customers grow, we grow too -- by embracing individuality and differences, leading by example, and empowering ourselves and others with our passion for wellness and innovation.
Keep growing. It’s our mantra. Our commitment to helping anybody and everybody committed to realizing their own potential to grow.
The Manager of Research & Innovation, Formulation will be part of the Research & Development team, and broader Science and Innovation Team, managing product formulation and technical substantiation for ingestible dietary supplement formats. The incumbent will collaborate closely with Product Development and Marketing, Clinical & Medical Affairs, Supply Chain, and Quality and Safety Regulatory teams. The Formulation Manager of Supplements will report directly to the Director of Formulation.
- Develop product formulation and technical substantiation in support of all ingredients for Nutrafol's ingestible products.
- Develop claims substantiation in support of current and novel ingredients and products briefed in through Product Development & Marketing.
- Perform detailed research on biological pathways and mechanisms related to functional health benefits and aspired-to claims.
- Convert biological mechanistic insights into strategies to positively modulate functional health outcomes from multiple mechanisms in an all-in-one approach.
- Identify naturally occurring functional ingredients that target selected mechanistic strategies.
- Develop and maintain a natural functional ingredient database covering ingredient identity, active constituents, mechanism of action, and relevant scientific support.
- Develop and maintain a scientific study database for current and prospective natural functional ingredients.
- Collaborate within the formulation team (including topicals) to provide support, depending on new product launch schedule and project demands.
- Work with the internal Innovation team to provide support, guidance, and expertise as needed for new ingredient technologies.
- Ensure projects are carried out in compliance with regulatory requirements, policy & procedure requirements.
- Working knowledge of human biochemistry, physiology, and cellular biology
- 4-7 years of experience in natural product supplement industry
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology or closely related field
- Experience in formulating products for supplements, preferably across multiple ingestible formats
- Good working knowledge base of the health benefits and biological activity of botanicals, including herbal extracts
- Experience with the health benefits and mechanisms of action for other natural product ingredient science (vitamins, minerals, nutritional lipids, pre/pro/post-biotics, etc.)
- Capacity to work well within a team
- Self-starter who can bring new ideas to the table
- Experience with Hair Biology and/or Skin Biology a plus
Perks & Benefits
- Fully remote work experience, including a one-time allowance for home office setup
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package, including FSA program
- 401K with 50% match
- Flexible PTO
- Two company-wide wellness breaks every day
- Free lunch on us every Tuesday and Thursday via Seamless/Grubhub
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly work from home stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Virtual happy hours, yoga, and meditation sessions throughout the year
- Free meditation app membership (Headspace)
- Free Nutrafol subscription
- Pet insurance and benefit programs
California residents may review our CCPA notice here.
Other jobs like this
United States - Director - Data ScienceAnalytics Big Data Cloud Computer Science Data Science Global company Machine Learning +6
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Director, Market Research & Brand Strategy (Healthcare)Analytics Data Analysis High performance HR Research Salesforce
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs