Lead Data Scientist
At Modernizing Medicine, we look for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- South Florida Business Journal, Business of the Year 2022
- BIG Awards for Business, Company of the Year 2021
- Best in Biz Award (Silver), Fastest-Growing Company of the Year 2021
- South Florida Business Journal, Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces of 2020
Modernizing Medicine is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
ModMed is looking for an outstanding Lead Data Scientist to join our advanced development team. You will work on highly-visible, highly-impactful problems, positively impacting medical providers and their patients. In this role, you will influence the product roadmap and business decisions, collaborating closely with medical providers, business leaders, data engineers, software engineers, and other scientists.
- Lead our data science projects by setting the best practices for delivering high-quality data science projects, establishing best practices, and providing guidance to more junior data scientists.
- Formulate and define science problems based on business needs and requirements.
- Translate business problems into an analytical framework and form testing hypotheses that can be answered with available data using scientific methods or identify additional data needed in the master datasets to fill any gaps.
- Create large-scale data science products that leverage data transformation and machine learning models.
- Utilize advanced expertise when designing and developing algorithms and models against large datasets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams with medical providers, business leaders, data engineers, software engineers, and other scientists.
- Ability to take abstract ideas to proof of concepts into commercially viable solutions with partnership from product and executive leadership.
Skills & Requirements:
- Real-world experience solving complex, statistical, and machine learning projects.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art statistical and machine learning methods, understanding the entire life-cycle of machine learning projects and having hands-on experience building end-to-end solutions.
- Experience working on multiple projects at once.
- Strong understanding of machine learning theory and familiarity with deep learning and computer vision.
- Advanced coding experience in Python and SQL.
- Exposure to, or knowledge of, one or more data warehouses and data lake tools such as Databricks, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience focusing on advanced analytics and predictive modeling.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or related field, with a preference towards a Master's or Ph.D. degree.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights:
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement programs and unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs