United Kingdom - Remote
FitXREnjoy your workout, not just the results. Try FitXR for 7 days free.
'FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.We're a fast-growing funded scale-up breaking new grounds in how people move. With backing from top investors such as Hiro Capital we've achieved 1M+ downloads were changing even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to
redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
FitXR have been rated one of the top 10 in The Informations, 50 Most Promising Startups 🎉
You will work in one of our cross functional teams, developing game components and systems as well as solving unique and challenging technical problems. Initially you will be part of the Retention Team, reporting to the team's Tech Lead, although in the future it may be possible to move between our other product teams.
The Retention Team is responsible for enriching our users’ ongoing experience with FitXR and therefore has the scope to make changes to both the application and its backend services. The team has a passion for learning about the user, where it continuously seeks to understand their behaviour and their needs. Measuring the outcome of our experiments through data is at the centre of everything we do.
In this role, you will work on small to medium sized features and tasks in conjunction with other experienced members of the team. You will both maintain existing systems and help design and implement new features to create innovative experiences that our users love.
You will also have the opportunity to work across teams and will coordinate with developers in central technology & infrastructure teams. You’ll help and support others in areas where you have built expertise, and will be a positive role model within your own team.
What you’ll do 👀
- Work closely with your cross-functional team to design, prototype and implement new features.
- Proactively maintain and improve existing features and systems.
- Help ensure that our systems are optimised and efficient.
- Help with development planning including identifying technical risks / issues and coming up with solutions to overcome them.
You should apply if ✅
- Confidence with C#
- Great verbal and written communication skills. You’ll communicate well with technical and non technical stakeholders alike.
- Demonstrable game development experience on PC, console or mobile titles.
- At least one successful release, or equivalent amount of industry experience.
- Comfortable developing using the Unity game engine.
- Experience using source control systems.
Other Desired Skills and Experience - Having any one of these is an added plus:
- Developing VR games or experiences
- Experience of developing performance sensitive software
- Familiarity with Perforce source control
- Experience using a commercial or in-house game engine.
- Experience with Unity UI
- Experience with API consumption.
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Engineer (FTC - 6 Months)Agile Analytics AWS Backend Big Data Computer Science Docker +16
Career development Competitive pay Health care Medical leave Team events
Senior Java Software Engineer | Product Engineering, Risk Remediation GroupAnalytics Ansible APIs AWS CI/CD CircleCI Coaching +11
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Health care +3
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs