Senior Software Engineer - Payments
London, England, United Kingdom - Remote
10x BankingPut the world's most powerful and comprehensive cloud native banking platform at the core of your bank. - Making Banking 10x Better June 16, 2021
Our aim is to transform banking - we believe in making banking 10x better for customers, banks and society. At the heart of our platform is the 10x SuperCore™. With its transformational end-to-end architecture, everything has been designed from first principles to bring forward a new way of banking. We enable our client banks to engage their customers with more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.
About the role
The Payments area owns a group of highly available services that process the full range of payments mechanisms for a wide set of schemes, including Cards, BACs, Faster Payments and an expanding range of international payments standards. Our goal is to build a best-in-class platform that is highly available, scales to unprecedented levels and provides the lowest possible latency.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Payments team, you are passionate about working with cutting-edge technologies, and bring deep technical knowledge and proven experience with microservice systems to deliver scalable solutions.
Additionally, to the technical side of the role, you bring experience and wisdom in mentoring junior developers and proven experience in the challenges of delivery of high-quality software in a high-performance and fast paced development environment.
You will be keen to solve problems beyond the borders of your immediate team and demonstrate that you can think on multiple levels; from strategic and tactical to driving operational excellence and system availability.
You are adept at reading code and designing and delivering systems that can exceed the exacting demands of our clients.
Ideally you will have proven experience in the following areas:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Good systems design experience, problem solving, ability to code and contribute to on-going development and development practices.
- Deep understanding of Java 11 and Spring (particularly Spring Boot)
- Expertise in tackling problems and finding solutions with both synchronous and asynchronous workflows.
- The ability work with others to own and resolve complex technical challenges.
- A thorough understanding of ‘What is quality software’ and ‘what good looks like’
- Deep understanding of the Agile Process, Scaled Agile Framework and how to reliably deliver software within the process.
- Deep understanding of automated testing with good knowledge of behaviour testing using Cucumber (or equivalent).
- Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Building RESTful APIs and ideally Asynchronous Flows using Kafka or similar
- SQL databases (PostgreSQL)
- Continuous Integration e.g. Gradle, Jenkins,Git/Bitbucket and SonarQube
If you also have experience with any of the following, we’d love to hear from you...
- An understanding of retail bank account payments systems
- Building and operating services on AWS
- Demonstrated ability to coach or mentor software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
Note: Our Software Development Engineers are expected to be part of our on-call team to support 24/7 live service for our clients. A highly competitive on-call package is in place to compensate you for this
- 25 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday, plus Bank/Public Holidays
- 4 wellbeing / recharge days (one per quarter)
- Enhanced parental policies (leave and pay)
- Sabbatical Policy
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance, with the option to add your family
- Options Pool
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Company Sick Pay
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Subscription to Headspace wellbeing app
- Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle via salary sacrifice
- Access to Discounts & Cashback offers
More About 10x
Our home is in London but our 10x teams work around the UK and Australia provide our clients with deep and relevant experience amassed from multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger brands, disruptors and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries – proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers. Our engineers, product specialists and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience from within and outside financial services to deliver transformational new digital solutions.
We are driven by the belief that whatever we do as a business has to be done in the right way. Our three core values amid this are fundamental to our 10x approach: Transformation, Integrity and Impact.
Learn more at www.10xbanking.com
Equal Opportunities for All
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are priorities for us here at 10x – we welcome and promote diversity amongst our people and if we are to solve the legacy problems for our clients and their customers around the world, our team has to represent the people we serve. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally. All applicants will be treated fairly and will be considered for employment without discrimination because of ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender reassignment, family or parental status, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, national origin, age, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
As part of the application process we may ask you to voluntarily provide information relating to your personal attributes for the purposes of reporting and monitoring only. The capture of this information will not influence the hiring process but will help us monitor progress against our diversity and inclusion ambitions.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.freshremote.work
Other jobs like this
Senior Engineering Manager, Backend (Online Storage)Analytics AWS Backend DynamoDB Financial services Interpersonal skills Mentor +5
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +5
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs