We're looking for a talented Commercial Attorney to join our Legal team! As a member of this team, you will draft and negotiate a variety of outbound contracts with SOCi’s customers, partners and vendors. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic transactions for SOCi. While this position is fully remote and candidates can sit in the Pacific, Central or East time zones in any of the states where SOCi is registered to do business, the ideal candidate will live in the central or east coast time zones.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Become a member of our growing team of individuals in our Legal team supporting SOCi’s sales and procurement team.
- Provide pragmatic, business-minded guidance on contract-related issues.
- Partner with our sales team, as well as our Privacy, Security, Finance and Product teams, to drive customer deals to execution and design scalable processes for implementation.
- Negotiate enterprise cloud and license agreements for SOCi’'s products and services.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a broad range of inbound supplier contracts, with strong emphasis on Benefits/HR, SaaS, IT, professional services, and developer agreements.
- Analyze use cases with business owners to choose appropriate contract forms and data processing agreements, DPIAs, and/or security assessments, as applicable.
- Work closely with other members of the Legal team to address supplier contract issues, including Privacy, IP and employment concerns.
- Work to address supplier due diligence issues with other SOCi teams, including Finance, Risk and Engineering,, Security and more.
- Develop support materials and provide trainings to educate our sales and partner teams on contract terms and other legal issues.
- Assist with special projects as needed, including projects designed to expand the market for SOCi’s products and services.
- Contribute to various contract process improvement and compliance projects.
- You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and get things done
- You build relationships with business stakeholders to strengthen the connection between our team and the business
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with customers, seeking to find a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs
- You enjoy getting deals done, while managing customer risk
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
- You have a strong understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends
- You think creatively beyond the "legal" box to generate possible solutions and options for the business, clearly articulating risk-based recommendations
- You effectively communicate with the business and customers to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters imposed by laws
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You to Have:
- Qualification to practice law in your local jurisdiction
- 5-7 years of experience as a transactional lawyer with at least 3-4 years experience in cloud services and software licensing agreements
- Experience driving balanced solutions that scale, advance SOCi’s business, and meet customer needs
- Strong familiarity with common issues that arise in commercial negotiations, including data protection, IP, security and revenue recognition topics
- Passion for understanding our customers, products, culture, and business model
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to handle new areas of responsibility
- You have experience working with IronClad or similar CLM tools.
- You have experience negotiating DPAs, risk assessments and an understanding of GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, FTC, PIPEDA and compliance obligations as to ISO 27001/27701 and SOC2
SOCi is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the country, ranking in the top tier of Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in America list for the last 4 years in a row. The builder of an award-winning enterprise SaaS marketing platform, and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers, SOCi boasts hundreds of the world’s largest brands as its customers. The SOCi platform specifically solves complicated marketing and workflow problems for national and global multi-location brands that want to scale and optimize their presence across search, social, reviews, listening, ads, bots, and more. As the largest localized marketing platform in the world, SOCi makes the impossible possible by enabling top brands and their locations to strengthen and scale their digital presence across limitless locations.
Our accolades include:
- Recently closed a Series D investment round of $80 million, led by JMI Equity
- 4x honoree on Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America
- 2x honoree on Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies
- 3x CEO Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Winner of the MarTech Breakthrough Award for Best Overall Social Media Management Platform
- #1 Rank by Entrepreneur magazine’s Top Marketing Providers for Franchises, three years in a row
- Front Runner for Gartner award in Reputation Management & Brand Management
- 2021 Honoree on Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
What's SOCi's culture like?
Led by a team of industry experts, SOCi is leading the pack in Localized Marketing for Multi-Location brands. Our passionate team of SOCialites work from home around the globe! This position is remote and thereby needing stable internet connection to be successful in this role. We offer flexible PTO, comprehensive health & benefits packages, 401k and matching (amongst many other perks). Every new team member is equipped with a MacBook laptop, tech accessories & SOCi swag. We are a fast-paced, agile environment where thought leadership and input is encouraged. If you are looking for a place where you can come and make a difference in the way enterprise organizations utilize social technology, then SOCi is for you.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs