Atom LearningAtom Nucleus is the new way to learn for kids aged 7–11. Help your child excel in entrance exams, build academic confidence and get ahead in school.
We’re Atom and our mission is to democratise education. We use machine learning and a visually engaging tech platform to bring a fun, high-quality and personalised learning experience into every child’s home.We’re one of Europe’s fastest growing EdTech startups.
Last year we improved the standard of education for over 200,000 students across the UK and Asia. This year, supported by our recent $25m investment from SoftBank, our goal is to reach 560,000 students and expand into the US.
We’re remote-first! While our main office is in London, our team is composed of over 150 people (and counting) working from 14 countries. Most of us are Europe-based, but we have growing teams in the US and Asia too.
What we're looking forAtom Learning is looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team.Our Data Engineers support various aspects of the business by extracting and transforming our data to allow teams to derive insights and make key decisions. We have small Data Engineering capability at the moment which is incorporated into the existing engineering team, but we are looking to start a dedicated team, which you will join.
How we workWe work in small, cross-functional teams, known as pods, that all have an area of focus across our product suite. You will work closely with a number of teams to understand their data requirements and build scalable solutions to provide the important business intelligence information that they need.Atom Learning’s mission is to make education fairer and you will work within a flat, decentralised management environment on a product that is changing the way children learn across the world, improving education standards for all.
- Develop data pipelines to migrate data from live databases to reporting tools;
- Assist in designing and architecting our data systems;
- Participate in code reviews to maintain our coding standards;
- Help other teams interpret data and derive insights;
- Document your work and share this across the engineering team; and
- Help expand the data engineering function in the company.
You'll be a great fit for the role if:
- You have experience designing, building, maintaining and scaling data pipelines;
- You have used Python
- You are proficient in SQL;
- You can write clear, readable code;
- You can create reusable solutions to fulfil a brief and support future changes;
- You are highly motivated contributor with excellent teamwork skills; and
- You are enthusiastic about working in a rapidly growing start-up environment which focuses on creating a culture of freedom and responsibility.
- Nice to have
- Database architecture experience;
- Apache Airflow;
- Apache Spark;
- Demonstrated open source/community contributions (or similar); and
- Desire to mentor junior members of the team.
- Our Tech Stack
- Our core data storage technology is MySQL, along with smaller deployments of PostgreSQL, Mongo, Redis & Elastic. We currently have data pipelines written in Python using Apache Airflow to deploy them, but there is lots of scope for future expansion into new technologies.
- 28 days holiday and bank holidays;
- Fully remote/flexible work (currently working fully remote);
- Competitive pay;
- Full auto-enrolment workplace pension;
- High degree of autonomy and exposure to the running of all business areas of a successful startup; and
- The opportunity to become an integral member of a fast-growing technology company.
We want to attract and retain brilliant people and then give them maximum freedom and responsibility so that they can innovate and create great products that help people. Think this could be you? We welcome mission-driven candidates who are excited to bring their ambition and conscientiousness to our company.
Whether fully remote, hybrid or local Londoner, working at Atom Learning guarantees you a talented, supportive team. We're a growing team of over 150 - everyone will work hard alongside you and we know how to have fun and celebrate the big wins too! You’ll be given a lot of responsibility early on and trusted to complete your work in the way you think is best. You will solve difficult problems with a huge impact for positive social change, and you’ll learn a lot along the way.
We are ranked one of the UK’s top 100 startups by Startups100 and were recently selected to join Tech Nation's Upscale programme as one of the UK's leading scale ups. We have previously been a finalist in the Lloyds Bank Business Awards, the Education Investor Awards and Amazon Growing Business Awards, and won the Best AI-based Solution for Education in the AI Breakthrough Awards.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.freshremote.work
Other jobs like this
Software Engineer (Mid level, Edinburgh or UK remote)AWS Docker Go Mobile Rails Ruby System architecture +1
Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Parental leave
Senior Blockchain Application Engineer (EU, Remote)Bash Blockchain Coaching Cross-functional DeFi Distributed systems Docker +13
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Startup environment
Senior Blockchain Platform Engineer (EU, Remote)Bash Blockchain Coaching Cross-functional DeFi Distributed systems Docker +13
Competitive pay Flex hours Startup environment
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs