Senior Cloud Support Engineer - Public Sector
Remote, TX, USA
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Snowflake Support is committed to providing high-quality resolutions to help deliver data-driven business insights and results. We are a team of subject matter experts collectively working toward our customers’ success. We form partnerships with customers by listening, learning and building connections.
Snowflake’s values are key to our approach and success in delivering world class Support. Putting customers first, acting with integrity, owning initiative and accountability and getting it done are Snowflake core values and are reflected in everything we do.
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for a Senior Cloud Support Engineer to join our team who likes working with data and solving a wide variety of issues utilizing their technical experience having worked on a variety of operating systems, database technologies, big data, data integration, connectors, and networking.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- The position may require access to U.S. export-controlled technologies, technical data, or sensitive government data.
- Employment with Snowflake is contingent on Snowflake verifying that you: (i) may legally access U.S. export-controlled technologies, technical data, or sensitive government data; or (ii) are eligible to obtain, in a timely manner, any necessary license or other authorization(s) from the U.S. Government to allow access to U.S. export-controlled technology, technical data, or sensitive government data.
- Participate in pager duty rotations during nights, weekends, and holidays
- Applicants should be flexible with schedule changes to meet business needs
As a Senior Cloud Support Engineer, your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform. Customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage and issue needs. You will be the voice of the customer into Snowflake’s product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team and be part of strategic initiatives for organizational and process improvements. Ideally, you have worked in a 24x7 environment, handled all tiers of support issues, been on-call during weekends, and are familiar with Salesforce Service cloud.
- Provide technical support to commercial and public sector customers
- Provide email, web, and phone support to Snowflake customers and partners
- Utilize the Snowflake environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledge base
- Submit well-documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests and work with Engineering towards a resolution.
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
OUR IDEAL SENIOR CLOUD SUPPORT ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Support environment or a similar technical function in a customer-facing role
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging advanced SQL queries
- Ability to understand basic query profiles and execution plans
- Knowledge of SQL data types and functions
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure ecosystems
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have sufficient knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Scripting/coding experience In any of the following: Python, Java, .Net, NodeJS, R
- Experience in any of the technical domains outlined below:
- IAM Role-Based Access Controls (RBAC)
- Cloud authentication/access policies
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), X.509 certificates, SSL/TLS
- AWS Key Management Service, MSFT Key Vault, GCP KMS
- SCIM provisioning and Rest API Calls (e.g. Post, Get, Patch, etc.)
- Identity provider experience (Okta, PingFederate, OneLogin, ADFS, Azure AD, etc.)
- AWS PrivateLink, Azure Private Link, GCP private access
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English with an attention to detail
- Strong teaming skills in a highly collaborative environment and the ability to function in global arenas
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience in a designated customer-focused support role for a limited number of customers
- Experience providing a personalized support experience with deeper knowledge of customer environment
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Experience supporting applications running on either Amazon AWS or MS Azure
- Experience with virtualization solutions (VMWare, Docker, VirtualBox, etc)
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents a reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado:
- The estimated pay range for this role, if based in Colorado, is $101,600 - $135,150.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado with compensation that aligns with your location. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Other jobs like this
Software Development Engineer II, Amazon Prime VideoCloud Computer Science Java JSON Linux Object-oriented User Experience +2
Career development Equity Signing bonus Team events
Senior Software Engineer- Telecommute OpportunityAgile Backend CI/CD Cloud Computer Science Distributed systems Go +12
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs