Project Manager, CMS (remote)
Ad HocAd Hoc brings small teams of skilled professionals together to build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone.
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
The CMS business unit covers our work with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, including HealthCare.gov, Medicare.gov, and the Blue Button API. Our team supports CMS in building and improving online public experiences and APIs that are reliable, accessible, and user-centered. We are deeply embedded within CMS, partnering agency-wide to include with the Office of Communications, Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation. Our work includes helping millions of people enroll in healthcare and access Medicare and Medicaid benefits, as well as helping CMS improve the quality of Medicare and Medicaid services for beneficiaries and clinicians.
Ad Hoc Project Managers are responsible for keeping programs on timeline, scope, and price. That means everything from high-level project planning such as crafting project milestones, epics, and schedules, to finance projection and reconciliation, to personnel management. You'll ensure that the project has everything it needs to be successful. In this position you will also play a technical role working to sign off on all solutions that are provided to clients.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- 5+ years of experience in software design and development, architecture, operations." software and systems design, architecture, and development. "
- Degree in Computer Science or other engineering background, or equivalent work experience. *Four years of additional hands on experience in a relevant field and a high school diploma may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
What You'll Do
- Develop strong customer and partner relationships to understand needs, maximize customer satisfaction, and identify new opportunities
- Ensure successful execution of contracts
- Develop strategic project plans, goals, and approaches
- Manage team members in collaboration with the Program Manager
- Manage project/program finances
- Interview and on-board new team members and driving the recruitment process
- Report on contract deliverables as needed
- Manage contract compliance and risk
- Administrative coordination of timesheets, resourcing, invoicing, reporting, support of growth efforts, and employee requests
What You'll Bring
- Systems Management: demonstrated ability to organize people, technology, culture, and operations to drive solutions to significantly complex business problems.
- Client Management: demonstrated ability to maximize client satisfaction in a contractual relationship.
- Written Technical Expression: demonstrated use of plain language to communicate information that others comprehend.
- Tactical Implementation: demonstrated ability to implement a strategic plan in small, iterative cycles.
- Financial Management: ability to accurately manage project budgets and accurately forecast profit and loss.
- People Management: demonstrated ability to manage humans.
- Team Management: Ability to effectively manage a team, including successful management of interpersonal dynamics, administrative coordination and management of employee requests
- Administrative Coordination: timesheet and invoice management.
- Entrepreneurism: Ability to identify and implement opportunities tied to revenue streams.
- Executive Leadership: Ability to nurture and grow managers.
- External Awareness: Remains current on external forces that may impact the organization or tech community.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $96,777 - $130,591 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs