Lead Product Designer (Remote)
Ohio; Louisiana; South Carolina; Utah; Tennessee; Arizona; Indiana
Hinge HealthThe only solution that meets members where they are at every stage of the musculoskeletal care continuum: prevention, acute, chronic, and pre/post-surgery.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Work from anywhere:
Hinge Health employees have the flexibility to work remotely in hubs across the US, Canada, and Latin America or work from our offices in San Francisco, Portland, and Montreal.
To Learn more about our company & culture please visit: http://www.hingehealth.com & https://www.hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
About the role:The mission for this role is to design a distinctive series of new products to improve the members’ balance and strength. You will be responsible for defining the product vision, designing the end user experience and delivering the experience for market launch. This highly strategic and innovative design role is the key to scaling the Hinge Health product offerings, while fundamentally changing the standard of preventive senior care. You will have a direct impact in improving the lives of people struggling with muscular skeletal health conditions.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- As a lead product designer you will be responsible for leading the definition, design, and delivery of large-scoped features and complex initiatives/new products. Collectively, you will improve member satisfaction and clinical outcomes, while driving down the total cost of MSK care.
- You will be in the unique position to partner with leadership in pioneering a healthcare product known for its user-friendly experience and ease of use. You will work closely with a broad set of stakeholders across engineering, design, clinical, coaching, PT, education, content, growth marketing, and commercial teams to deliver an impactful and market defining solution at scale.
- You will lead as a strong systems thinker, crafting our user experience, interaction patterns and guidelines to contribute and promote a unified design language across all Hinge Health products. Set high visual and interaction design quality standards for the Design and UX team.
- You will bring practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of product/service design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; strong expertise in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows, as well as in visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography.
- Mastery over user research and human-centered design processes
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development, to concept design, prototyping, and to shipment
- Ability to provide strong influence and impact on product direction by being a thoughtful, proactive partner with Product and Engineering colleagues
- Proven ability to communicate deep design thinking at all levels of the organization. Proven success presenting work at executive level and using design to build alignment
- Strong background in designing and shipping for responsive web and mobile app
- The ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
- Bachelor's or master's degree in interaction design, industrial design, product design, service design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent experience
- A 0 to 1 mindset — you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity, partnering closely with product and engineering teammates to make decisions quickly, learn from them, and iterate. You aren’t afraid to put something out there to get rapid feedback.
- Design innovator — you are excited to redefine a space by bringing novel, delightful ideas to the table. You are able to pull from unexpected sources of inspiration.
- Master of many mediums — you design seamlessly across mobile, desktop, wearables and other interfaces
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- Flexible PTO
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Generous Professional Development budget
- Quarterly lifestyle benefit to use towards WFH equipment & fitness
- Mental health stipend
- Remote first workplace, with bi-annual onsites for the design team
Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center.
If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Hinge Health:LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. Today, Hinge Health is the leading Digital MSK Clinic, used by 4 in 5 employers and nearly 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution. We work with 900+ customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 20 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation Health care Insurance Medical leave Parental leave Salary bonus Startup environment Team events
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs