Employee Relations Manager
Remote - US
TwilioConnect with customers on their preferred channels—anywhere in the world. Quickly integrate powerful communication APIs to start building solutions for SMS and WhatsApp messaging, voice, video, and email.
Join the team as our next Employee Relations Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The primary objective of the Employee Relations team at Twilio is to ensure the treatment of every Twilion is fair, respectful, and consistent with our core values, or what we refer to as our ‘Twilio Magic’. We are a forward-thinking team that relies on our subject matter expertise and empathy to consistently improve Twilio.
This role is an individual contributor reporting into the HR Shared Services organization. It requires prior employee relations experience, strong emotional intelligence, communication and interpersonal skills. The individual must be comfortable working on a broad range of employee relations issues, projects and initiatives.
The individual will partner closely with ERs core ‘customers’ (employees, leaders, Legal and HR Business Partners) providing ER expertise and services with the goal of proactively enhancing the employee experience; this means identifying and addressing employee concerns early, de-escalating and resolving workplace issues before they reach a level of criticality. The individual will also work on ER programs and projects with the goal of maturing Twilio’s overarching employee relations and engagement framework.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Assist HRBPs with the assessment and review of performance management, including the editing, review and execution of performance advisories and performance improvement plans.
- Provide consultation, guidance, and support in all matters related to workplace issues.These matters include management coaching and training; policy development and interpretation; disability and leave accommodations.
- Assist with the data reporting and analytics of ER cases for themes, trends and root causes to provide insights and recommendations for decision making and prevention of ER risk
- Promote knowledge and understanding of company policy and of relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training
- Assist in ongoing review and updates of the Employee Policy Manual, Teacher’s Guides and procedures
- Assist with the assessment of organizational changes
- Build relationships with key ER functional partners
- Assist with other ER project work and consultations related to the employee experience as needed
- Conduct complex and sensitive employee investigations with little supervision, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and any required document review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution
- Where applicable, draft well-written investigation-related documents, including leader/HRBP talking points, written warnings, case executive summaries and other documents with little supervision
- Partner collaboratively with HRBPs, Legal, Information Security, Management Audit, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion and others to execute thorough investigations, influencing decisions where appropriate
- Respond to employee complaints as required
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management, Employee/Industrial Relations, Business, Employment/Legal Studies
- Minimum 3-5 years Employee Relations experience
- Demonstrated experience working on a wide variety of complex employee investigations across geographies independently
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and root cause/analysis skills
- Demonstrated investigation and consultative skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping relevant stakeholders informed
- Equipped with great judgment, tact, discretion, and professionalism, especially when it comes to confidential documents and communications
- Ability to position self as credible, proactive and a trusted thought-partner
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written
- Juris Doctorate
- Role only open to US
- This role is fully remote with optional access to a Twilio office (subject to location)
- Approximately 5-10% travel may be required
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,280 - $150,260.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs