Customer Support Specialist
Remote - US
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for growth-minded, results-driven Customer Support Specialists with strong organizational skills and a high focus on customer service. The goal of the Customer Support Specialist is to help support Samsara's rapidly-growing service solutions and provide an exceptional customer experience. We work with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation to oil and gas companies, to large-scale food producers; as such, candidates will need to demonstrate a strong ability to communicate account statuses and manage requests in order to best serve the needs of this diverse customer base. The ideal candidate has experience in a customer support role in a multi channel contact center environment. You will be assisting customers in troubleshooting account issues, providing account documentation, and assisting with escalations, via phone, chat and email.
In this role, you will:
- Help Customers with a wide range of general inquiries on billing issues and questions
- Handle customer questions about contract renewals and cancellations
- Solve customer issues and escalations about Samsara products and services
- Experience in multi channel servicing including excellent phone skills, good writing skills for Web, email and channel requests
- Ability to prioritize work queue and backlog in addition to incoming customer requests
- Provide excellent customer service throughout the service cycle from initial request to final close out of the transaction.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer-facing role within a contact center environment
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity through daily task completion, personal development, and guided trainings
- Experience in a high pace environment handling escalated customers and able to follow up on customer requests in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving skills and a proven ability to deliver a positive customer experience
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively communicate with a wide range of customers
- Experience in a fast-paced environment managing 20+ cases per day via phone, chat and email channels
- Experience working with ticketing systems (e.g. Zendesk, Salesforce, ServiceCloud)
- Proficient with macOS
An ideal candidate also has:
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights and weekends) - Schedules are assigned based on needs of the business, you must be willing to work assigned schedule (5 days a week, 8 hour shift with 2 continuous days off)
- Experience supporting service requests in billing, RMA, cancellations and renewals
- Experience supporting telematics systems, ELDs, and hours of service compliance is a plus
- Spanish and/or French fluency is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Other jobs like this
Planet Labs Inc.
Customer Success Manager, Education & ResearchCloud Global company Go Jira Manufacturing Point of contact Relationship-building +3
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs