Director of Workforce Management (WFM)
At Monzo, our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our customers effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service, and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need from a bank. Our net promoter score is more than 2x that of other banks, and we are the fastest-growing bank in the UK. Monzo better resembles a fast-paced tech startup than a traditional bank – we move fast, ship new things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
We continue to scale and we’re looking for a Director of Workforce Management (WFM) to lead our WFM team and take our forecasting, scheduling and service management to the next level.
We’re passionate about providing exceptional service to our customers, meeting tight service levels and operating in a lean and flexible way. We’re also keen to continue being the best place to work for our Customer Operations teams (COps) and providing a best in industry working environment.
As Director of WFM, you’ll be working in an ever changing environment where we are building and iterating on our workforce planning tools, processes and systems to keep delighting our customers. You’ll be accountable for forecasting and scheduling for a complex, multi-regional customer operations (COps) team that serves our customers 24/7. You’ll also be responsible for designing best in the industry tools and processes that would support scaling quickly and providing a great work environment for our COps team.
We’re still growing and this is the right time to review our tools and processes to build and improve for both now and the future. We’re looking for a hands-on, data driven leader who can bring fresh thinking and ideas to inspire the team to build and deliver service excellence and industry leading workforce management practices.
The key focus of this role will be:
- Lead and motivate team to support customer operations through the delivery of best in industry forecasting and planning, supporting both short and long range requirements and developing headcount plans
- Accountable for forecast accuracy analysis and driving continuous improvement
- Ground up review of working patterns, scheduling, holiday allocation to ensure optimal employee and customer experience
- Accountable for the tools and support required for fast-paced and rapidly evolving customer-facing operations ensuring the delivery of industry-leading customer experience including through in-app chat, voice, email and digital/social channels
- Develop and deliver an 18-24 month WFM roadmap for services and tools to support in the delivery of our business goals and our people experience. You’ll work closely with engineers and product managers to deliver the roadmap.
- Develop strong working partnerships with key operational and supporting teams to deliver as one team against our goals
- Act as Major Incident Manager in the event of a major customer-impacting incidents
You should apply if you:
- Have a background in complex contact centre forecasting and planning (within a rapidly scaling company would be a huge plus)
- Have led teams through the integration of new sites and/or service providers/partners
- Have led high performing teams in the capacity planning space and are able to deliver excellence through them
- Are focused on continuous improvement and have experience of establishing this capability to drive improvement initiatives in customer experience and operational efficiency
- You're an excellent analytical thinker with great organisational skills
- You take a data-driven approach to problem solving and decision-making
- You’re able to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to thrive and seek solutions in a highly complex, ambiguous environment
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
This role can be based from our London or Cardiff offices or remotely within the UK (with the ability to travel to our offices as needed).
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
The application process consists of an introductory phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2-3 on-site interviews remotely via hangouts.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.