IT Generalist- SCCM
Remote - United States
The qualified IT Generalist (SCCM) must be self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an agile program. The IT Generalist (SCCM) will be involved in various aspects of the migration process from start to finish as well as any additional needs within the project. The ideal candidate will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with minimal direction or oversight. The candidate must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program objectives and perform their work accordingly. The selected candidate will be expected to engage with program leadership, external business partners and customers, as required to provide technical information regarding the program.
The IT Generalist (SCCM) will be responsible for site-specific technical tasks including but not limited SCCM Task Sequence creation and troubleshooting, collection group creation, patch and WSUS group creation and troubleshooting, driver troubleshooting and training of site personnel on the previously listed topics. This will include performing configuration, migration, and upgrading of desktop PC/server, software, and related peripherals. They will also be responsible for collaborating with various entities within the program to complete certain tasks. The IT Generalist (SCCM) will perform MTF operations and process analysis in support of preparing the location for change from legacy medical computing environments to the joint Defense Health Agency network.
- Learn the migration system and the system components required to execute migration activities within the pre-defined system as well as being able to identify, manage and resolve anomalous situations.
- Perform user familiarization training/validation.
- Facilitate Early Adopter Independent Verification and Validation activities.
- Perform Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) operations and process analysis in support of preparing the location for change from legacy medical computing environments to the joint Defense Health Agency network.
- Review release management for all changes to computing environment, identification or defects, and resolution of any potential user issues.
- Assist in troubleshooting AD authentication, Microsoft DHCP, and Microsoft DNS problems
- Create, manage and deploy GPOs.
- Deploy Microsoft DHCP servers.
Other duties may include:
- Troubleshoot network printers, network firewalls, network servers, and other networked systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer and other IT equipment problems and malfunctions.
- Assist in setting-up and upgrading computer systems for end users.
- Assist in troubleshooting LAN/WAN connectivity issues.
- Provide end user application training as needed.
- Provide IT support and service to end users.
- Ensure all IT systems are working efficiently and optimally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems plus 4 years of relevant experience or 8 years of experience in a relevant technical field.
- A fundamental understanding of the Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model, subnetting, TCP/IP, Ports, Protocols and Services (PPS), IT troubleshooting, PXE, basic networking, and IT tools/utilities (e.g., PING, IPCONFIG, IFCONFIG, RDP, SSH, RDP, Telnet, etc.).
- 4+ years of Windows System Administration
- 2+ years of SCCM experience including OSD Deployment and Image Support
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory/GPO integration with SCCM
- Experience developing custom ad hoc SQL queries for SCCM data reporting.
- Experience following and documenting operational processes.
- Ability to display a “seek” versus “wait” mentality (self-starter).
- Ability to take ambiguous, chaotic situations or tasks and work them to completion, sometimes figuring it out on your own.
- Industry leading certifications (Vmware, NetApp, Cisco, Microsoft, and others)
- Current DoD 8570 certification
- Current Active Secret clearance
- Have experience with one or more of the following:
- DHCP Servers/Client access
- Domain Controller(s)
- Print Servers/Client access
- DNS Servers/Client access
- Security scanning/remediation
- System Integration
- Work Days: Monday – Friday with frequent weekend and after hours support.
- Travel - 50%-70% (Domestic and International)
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Casual, Fun and Exciting Work Environment
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.