Senior QA Engineer - Mobile (London or UK Based Remote)
Remote - United Kingdom
Senior QA Engineer - Mobile
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities. In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. We were also listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort and won medium-sized Tech Company of the Year 2020 - solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to help us scale our company-wide testing strategy. Our core application is built on top of the Django web framework and hosted on AWS. We typically use Python 3, Postgres, Celery, and whatever else we need to get the job done.
It is an exciting time to join, you will partner with world class engineers, designers and product managers to help make Zego the best loved insurance startup in the world.
What you'll be working on:
- Design, build and maintain test automation frameworks
- Integrate test plans with CI/CD pipelines
- Scale testing to systematically improve the quality of our products and the experience of our customers
- Participate in product planning ceremonies and apply agile testing techniques
- Collaborate with other engineers and testers to help solve issues and unblock quality issues
- Pair with iOS and Android product engineers to share testing expertise, develop user stories and build test suites
- Work on functional and non-functional automated testing: Regression/UI, Unit, Contract, Integration, Performance, Load
- Get hands-on with testing multiple products iOS and Android
- Integrate testing frameworks such as Appium
What you'll need to be successful in the role:
We are looking for someone who is foremost a Software Engineer, experienced in building scalable automation test frameworks and passionate about quality and user experience. You should also be comfortable working closely with the product, design and engineering teams, and have a solid understanding of cloud platforms - preferably AWS and native iOS and Android applications.
What's it like to work at Zego?
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.