Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Compliance Manager to join our team.
What you will do:
- Oversee the day to day aspects of the OFAC and AML operations, including coordinating deadlines and managing the day-to-day workload of the unit and assigning job duties within the area, to ensure timely completion of assignments and duties
- Assist with writing and maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the AML and OFAC Program.
- Assist the Director of Compliance in providing proactive strategic and tactical leadership for OFAC and AML initiatives
- Manage the tuning and calibration efforts of the AML and OFAC transaction monitoring rules in conjunction with the Director of Compliance
- Review, recommend, and assist in the implementation of new methods, processes and procedures to make daily operations more efficient
- Develop and manage a database designed to compile tracking reports indicating trend analysis and demographics of potential money laundering/terrorist financing activity
Skills and experience you possess:
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts
- Project leadership skills and multitasking capabilities
- Ability to positively influence teams through a climate of change
- 4+ years of professional experience, including 1+ years conducting AML and/or operations
- Self-starter who is very comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong working relationships within and across multiple disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SAR filings with FinCEN and OFAC reporting
- Basic Zendesk knowledge is a plus
Projects you may work on:
- Writing AML and OFAC transaction monitoring rules and working with engineering to get them implemented
- Creating metrics to measure and report program effectiveness
What you will have the chance to learn:
- How to cultivate a culture of compliance in a technology company
- How to partner with internal stakeholders and external partners to advance payments strategy
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well-crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.