Events Marketing Manager
Posted 1 month ago
Events Marketing Manager
We're looking for an Events Marketing Manager with a proven track record of delivering business outcomes through virtual and in-person events at scale.
Do you have a passion for creating customer joy through virtual and in-person experiences? Are you driven to pull together external and internal resources to meet tight deadlines? Do you thrive on organizing and executing the details? Are you tech savvy and have experience scoping and using technology to bring people together? If so, our Events Marketing Manager role may be a great next step for your career.
If you’re interested in driving your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You have 6+ years working in marketing, with deep knowledge in virtual and in-person events.
- You understand the SMB/VSB customer and the unique challenges and moments of joy they experience.
- You’re beyond organized. The dozens of details across business units and external stakeholders can only be successfully fulfilled through mature execution.
- You have run a large scale virtual conference that included customers, prospects, partners, thought leaders, agencies and internal stakeholders.
- You are tech savvy and have experience scoping and managing event technology.
- You are data focused and understand and can measure how events contribute to business outcomes.
- You’re a problem solver at heart and know how to move things forward.
- You have several years of managing a large budget and are okay negotiating with vendors and partners to make the most of it.
- Strong plus for content marketing experience.
- You’re committed to being an awesome teammate. You work with appropriate urgency but are able to motivate cross functional teams with your passion and vision.
What you’ll do
- Manage our first virtual conference! With millions of customers asking for this, we’re finally saying yes.
- Project manage all of the details of marketing events.
- Collaborate and build consensus with teams and keep internal and external stakeholders accountable to briefs, timelines, DACI, resourcing, budget, and the vision for events.
- When the time is right, introduce in-person tradeshows and events back into our marketing playbook.
- Stay informed on what industry events are happening and prioritizing which ones we should be attending/sponsoring.
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote, North America
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.