Cloud Support Engineer
Remote, Pune, India
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for support engineers who like working with data and solving a wide variety of issues utilizing their technical experience having worked on a variety of operating systems, database technologies, big data, data integration, connectors, and networking.
As a Cloud Support Engineer, your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform. Customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage and issue needs. You will be the voice of the customer into Snowflake’s product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team and be part of strategic initiatives for organizational and process improvements. Ideally, you have worked in a 24x7 environment, handled all tiers of support issues, been on-call during weekends, and familiar with Salesforce Service cloud.
An experienced Cloud Support Engineer has arguably one of the most impressive confluence of holistic skills in all professions, all of which directly translate directly to other career choices either within or outside Support, including:
- Strong Customer Advocacy skills
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Strong troubleshooting skills to logically go about solving problems
- Subject Matter Expertise in one or more technical area(s)
- Strong teaming skills in a highly collaborative environment and the ability to function in global arenas
- Provide email, web, and phone support to Snowflake customers and partners
- Utilize Snowflake environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledge base
- Submit well documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
Our ideal Cloud Support Engineer will have:
- B.S. or M.S degree in CS, MIS or equivalent discipline
- 1-5 years experience in a Technical Support or similar function
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging advanced SQL queries
- Ability to understand basic query profiles and execution plans
- Knowledge of SQL data types and functions
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure ecosystems
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have sufficient knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Scripting/coding experience In any of the following: Python, Java, .Net, NodeJS, R
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Experience supporting applications running on either Amazon AWS or MS Azure
- Experience with virtualization solutions (vmware, docker, virtualbox, etc)
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?