Bevy Labs, Inc.
Posted 1 month ago
About the Company
Bevy is a virtual and in-person community events software platform. We help companies build, grow and scale their global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, eBay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In May 2020, Bevy raised a $15M Series B funding round. On top of that, we're rolling out Bevy Virtual, a new product to help communities build & connect during #COVID19. With numerous large enterprise customers, compliance (ISO 27001, SOC 2 reporting, and more) has been an important part of the business since 2018.
About the Role
At Bevy, we are looking for a skilled and reliable Hiring Manager to join our growing team. As a suitable candidate, you will own the hiring process from start to finish and ensure that all aspects of the hiring process are seamless and professional. From the initial interview to a new hire orientation, you will plan and coordinate with leadership to turn ideal candidates into new employees. Beyond simply meeting the basic requirements of the position, the hiring manager must look further and determine if the prospect is a good fit culturally as well. This position requires strong communication and leadership skills, business acumen and experience to lead in the long-term growth and success of the company.
Objectives of this Role
- Manage the entire hiring process from start to finish.
- Identify the staffing requirement for a new or open position across the entire company
- Craft accurate and detailed job descriptions to attract the best candidates
- Strategize with leadership to create an in-depth onboarding process for all new hires
- Set expectations for the interview process with all potential hires
- Develop new strategic hiring procedures and improve upon current recruitment measures
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to leadership
- Make the final hiring decisions, pending executive approval
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Pinpointing current and inevitable vacancies within the group.
- Creating job descriptions and proposed salary structures for each opening.
- Interviewing shortlisted candidates and identifying the most suitable individual.
- Extending job offers to each prospective employee.
- Negotiating with candidates about job-related expectations and compensation.
- Documenting and reporting on progress and performance of new hires.
- Implementing new strategies to develop and retain employees.
- Strategically building scalable talent acquisition programs and processes through social media recruitment platforms, interview scheduling, interview training, feedback processes, and new-hire onboarding.
- Working with leadership to build and accelerate international sourcing
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as HR, Business Operations, etc.
- 3+ years of experience as a Hiring Manager, Hiring Consultant or Hiring Coordinator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and candidates
- Strong experience with designing and implementing recruiting strategies.
- Established experience with (phone and in-person) interviews, candidate screening and evaluation
About the Culture
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental well-being. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Read more about Bevy’s values here.
Principals only please