Software Engineer III
Mountain View, CA or U.S Remote
Posted 1 month ago
Udacity is an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
The Product Infrastructure team owns and operates core services that power the Udacity site. The Sign Up / Sign In and User Experiments services and internal API and Kafka usage are among the important services this team owns. Udacity is built on a microservices pattern, so reliable service-service APIs are important for application stability and developer productivity. Udacity follows the DevOps school of thought: always be automating, developers are on-call for their systems, and iterative improvement.
Most of our backend services are written in Go and most of our frontend applications are written in TypeScript using the React framework, but we are a multilingual shop and expect developers to be familiar with other languages and computing environments.
- Develop behind-the-scenes services that make Udacity’s products work.
- Participate in on-call rotation for production incident response.
Nice to Haves:
- Works urgently and carefully under pressure.
- Encourages positive attributes and attitudes in others.
- Relishes being the go-to engineer for core systems on which all other products run.
- Sees through complex problems to find simple, actionable improvements.
- Continuously learning new tools and techniques.
Requirements for all candidates:
- Programming fundamentals demonstrable in Go, Ruby, Python or any comparable language.
- Familiarity with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB or others.
- Resourcefulness to work through technical challenges.
- Communicative to talk through unclear requests.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Specific tools and technologies come and go. We are looking for passionate, creative people who are excited about learning, educational technology, and problem solving. Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.