Associate Content Director - Life Sciences
Phreesia is looking for an Associate Content Director to join our growing Demand Generation team and serve as the primary writer, editor and communications professional for our Life Sciences business. This is a role for a highly skilled professional writer, editor and storyteller with a demonstrated track record of distilling complex subjects into engaging, thought-provoking content that increases awareness and drives demand. This individual will have deep expertise and understanding of the U.S. Life Sciences industry, including the vendors that serve Life Sciences companies, such as media and creative agencies. The Associate Content Director will also have the ability to communicate effectively about relevant industry trends— especially those related to medical marketing, digital media and patient engagement—and the skill to reach our target audiences. The Associate Content Director will also manage the editorial programming for our webinars, conference sessions and other events—a critical component of our demand-generation efforts.
What You'll Do:
- Leverage understanding of healthcare trends to identify content themes that engage Life Sciences organizations and media and creative agencies
- Support the Senior Content Director in developing the content strategy and calendar, and identifying gaps in our current content strategy to effectively capture the attention of target audiences
- Work cross-functionally with various teams across Phreesia, including Product Management, Sales and Market Development, to ensure our content aligns with our strategic goals
- Manage the day-to-day execution of the Life Sciences content calendar
- Produce high-quality content on timely, relevant industry topics across a range of formats— including blog posts, white papers and infographics—that engages and provides clear benefits to our target audiences
- Manage earned media functions, including cultivating relationships with journalists; pitching stories to Life Sciences trade and business media outlets; and securing impactful media placements
- Write and optimize website content
- Manage the Phreesia Life Sciences’ social media channels
- Own the editorial programming for webinars, roundtable discussions, and in-person and virtual conference sessions.
- Collaborate with other members of the demand generation team to evaluate and optimize content assets, increase campaign effectiveness, lead generation and conversion rates
- Provide editorial and copywriting functions across Phreesia’s Life Sciences Team, ensuring adherence to grammar, syntax and organizational voice
What You'll Bring:
- A minimum of 9-10 years of relevant experience in journalism, content marketing or communications
- Experience working for a pharmaceutical company, media agency or creative agency serving Life Sciences clients
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience writing about the U.S. healthcare systems and the Life Sciences industry, especially topics related to digital marketing, patient engagement, the consumerization of healthcare, patient-centricity, and the growing importance of digital technologies for Life Sciences organizations
- Deep understanding of the Life Sciences advertising purchase cycle, including when and how advertising purchasing decisions are made throughout the calendar year, and an ability to align these cycles with content strategy
- Demonstrated proficiency at leading complex, multi-stakeholder projects from start to completion
- Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively and proactively in a fast-paced, measurement-driven organization
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. We’re guided by our overarching mission of creating a better, more engaging healthcare experience, and our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a four-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Mobile phone stipends, and fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees
- Home office setup for remote employees
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.