Remote - US
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We don't just provide health insurance—we deliver the kind of healthcare that people deserve. The Finance Analytics team at Clover is made up of collaborative and strategic thinkers who are excited about the impact technology can have on healthcare.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Finance Analytics team to help us build a revolutionary new health care company. In this role, you will work across the organization analyzing and supporting our various revenue activities that impact risk adjustment.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Build models that help translate insights into actions.
- Build validation tools to maintain an architecture of trust.
- Collaborate with various business partners across Finance and Operations to help identify areas for opportunity.
- Communicate results, technical assumptions, progress and blockers clearly and proactively.
- Autonomously seek input and feedback and successfully integrate that feedback into your work.
- Develop reporting dashboards and provide regular data communication with the teams you work with.
- Be a key contributor to large scale projects and understand how to scope your work and match that scope to business outcomes.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding insights in the data that unlock value and improve outcomes.
- You have a strong understanding of how to structure analyses and experiments to yield interpretable, actionable results.
- You reason holistically. From project scope to priority to implementation, you'll have an impact on how decisions get made.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments.
- You are fearless in the face of messy data, and adept at programmatically structuring and cleaning records collected from the real world.
- You strive to automate as much as possible, yet understand the value of explicitly incorporating human decisions into the systems you build.
- You have just as much interest in helping other people move faster as you do building your own analyses.
- You are comfortable and confident in building your technical work into a story, and can use that story to inform the business.
You should get in touch if:
- You have advanced programming skills using SQL and Python or R.
- You have a strong foundation in probability and statistics, and demonstrated facility with machine learning tools.
- You have 3+ years of healthcare experience, Medicare experience preferred.
- You have experience working as an Actuary, highly preferred but not required.
- You have experience working cross-functionally with various departments and stakeholders.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.