Global Supply Manager (Remote)
Mountain View, CA
This is your chance to work for the leading innovator in consumer digital health solutions, at a company Forbes has marked for billion-dollar success. If you’re a highly motivate professional early in your career with vision and passion for the healthcare industry, you can’t afford to overlook this unique opportunity. You are passionate about empowering all people with chronic conditions to live healthier and better lives.
We are looking for someone to take on a highly visible role on a team that manages our Tier 1 suppliers with responsibility to manage and optimize total supplier operations. Your approach to optimizing total value by balancing aspects of supplier quality, service level performance, delivery, cost, lead-times, and risk mitigation for a growing business will provide a huge impact on the client and member experience while contributing to the bottom line. The role will entail both creating new and optimizing current processes across multiple supplier sites that allow for unparalleled scale, flexibility and quality of output. You will have the opportunity to interact across multiple functions within the Teladoc Health organization, primarily collaborating with teams like Marketing, Product, Finance, and Quality.
If you’re right for this role, you’ll get to develop new skills and opportunities you wouldn’t find elsewhere, like making direct impact on strategy and policy, while laying the groundwork for the future success and growth for Teladoc Health. We’re looking for someone who understands what is like to be in a high growth environment with the discipline required from a public company. In this role you will need to manage multiple organizational interfaces and stakeholders, and have a knack for working independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
Join the new age of healthcare innovation, as part of Teladoc Health’s dynamic, fast-moving global supply chain. If you have a passion for the personal gratification that comes from a career with a high-growth, high-impact company, this could be a great role for you.
- Drive long-term supplier management focused on delivering total value for Teladoc Health that balances quality, delivery, risk mitigation and cost elements.
- Initiate and lead cost reduction programs to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality.
- Additionally, identify opportunities that focus on quality, efficiencies, throughput improvements, scale, and risk mitigation in consideration of industry, supply, and technology trends
- Manage and ensure unimpeded operations for Teladoc Health
- Resolve all operational and customer service problems related to tier 1 suppliers
- Effective and proactive communication regarding status and availability of items at both the finished good and sub-component levels
- Proactively avoid any potential part shortages or quality problems which could affect production schedules, resolve any that do
- Institute programs to optimize schedule flexibility while minimizing excess inventory exposure
- Formulate contingency plans to mitigate technical challenges, long lead times, and any potential supply issues
- Lead Supplier QBR processes, manage and report on KPI’s
- Develop business proposals and lead RFX processes from creation through implementation as needed.
- Lead project team meetings, driving cross-functional communication and decision-making
- Ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish / improve relevant quality standards, SOP’s and WI’s as needed
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Research and share industry category trends and best practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 7-10 years of experience in procurement, sourcing, supplier management, or related supply chain functions, preferably in medical device, therapeutics, or other similar regulated industry
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain managing in an ODM|CM environment
- 5+ years directly managing complex supplier production operations at multiple sites that involve multitier supply inputs
- Demonstrated success establishing and negotiating domestic/international sourcing and contracts
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a matrix organization and to manage multiple organizational interfaces and stakeholders
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven aptitude to partner effectively with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e., colleagues, suppliers, and internal/external customers)
- Experience with KPIs, metrics, cost modeling and direct negotiation experience.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional groups and projects
- The ability to flourish and produce within a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
- Tenacious attention to detail and consistency
- The ability and willingness to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes and supplier relationship management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Operations, Logistics or Supply Chain Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience managing logistics for an international medical device company
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.