RVP, Technical Solutions Engineering - Northern Europe
Posted 1 month ago
TSE Regional Vice President
At Tanium, our TSE Regional Vice President role fulfils a necessary role of leading a team of Technical Solutions Engineers which serve our customers by understanding customer challenges and showcasing the Tanium value proposition to solve tough customer problems. The TSE RVP roles are in a position of leading a team of 8-12 talented Pre-sales engineers. This role is charged with preserving the incredible culture upon which Tanium was built. The role reports to the Vice President of Technical Solutions Engineering.
Operating in a collaborative team environment with other teams like sales, product management, enterprise services, marketing, and customer support TSE RVPs contribute to each customer’s success by leading technical sales opportunities for customer prospects and in our most strategic existing accounts. TSE RVPs must have unwavering leadership skills and remain technically relevant with the Tanium portfolio.
TSE RVPs must be ready for any customer facing situation with their team and are seen as experts in account and territory planning, technical expertise, technical sales, and leadership within the assigned territory.
What you’ll do:
Lead your team by:
- Partner with Sales to deliver revenue and partner with Sales and Customer Success to manage the customer journey from technical discovery to technical win to successful adoption, value realisation and expansion.
- Hiring, onboarding, motivating, and retaining remarkable talent
- Holding regular 1:1 meetings, performance management, coaching and mentoring sessions with team members to foster employee development.
- Ensuring technical enablement is ongoing and current.
- Demonstrating and holding team members accountable for understanding, preserving, and furthering the Tanium culture
- Driving regional results by understanding the needs within the region and making data driven decisions to improve performance
- Delegating and resource planning based on the workload of team members, surges in demand, and changes within the region
- Facilitating team meetings to ensure consistent and appropriate updates are provided and discussed, team collaboration and problem solving is fostered, and constructive feedback is solicited
- Creating and Managing strategic and thoughtful account and territory assignments within the region.
- Champion the voice of our partners and customers and influence product direction and feature priorities.
- Guide the GTM strategy working closely with the sales leadership.
- Driving innovation within Tanium by facilitating, or leading special initiatives based on innovative ideas
- Leading, or facilitating, technical pre-sales opportunities as both a technical sales expert and leader within the region
- Leading or participating in marketing events from a technical perspective
- Assisting other regions and areas as needed
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience and Skills
- Experience in the industry with solid technical skills in multiple areas such as networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming.
- Leadership; proven effective leadership of a technical team. TSE RVPs have a deep sense of ownership, hands-on approach, are proactive, and should be highly collaborative. They seek out leadership opportunities.
- Management; TSE RVPs have a passion for leading teams. They manage with empathy, patience, and inclusiveness without compromising on the achievement of business goals. They practice a high degree of discretion around sensitive employee information and matters. Above all, demonstrated mentorship of fellow technologists at Tanium, embodying Tanium’s core values, is a must.
- Strategic Thinking; TSE RVPs understand the broader corporate initiatives and how they apply to their team. They have the ability to translate strategic goals into tactical engagement/execution and they hold their team accountable for achieving these goals by prioritizing, adapting, understanding trends and using data
- Experience working with large enterprise customers, leading strategic pre-sales opportunities, critical thinking, and solving problems.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good Judgement; takes self-governed, consistent, action to prioritize and weigh cost and value in order to determine the action most appropriately aligned with the Tanium and our mission.
- Communication; have mastered executive communication and demonstrate emotional intelligence, and patience, in all forms of communication. Anticipate blockers and delays for their work and the work of others, and communicate appropriately before requiring escalation.
- Influencing; demonstrate strong and consistent influence skills, working effectively with their team and strategic customers, to present logical and compelling arguments to enhance innovation and efficiencies.
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organisations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team.