Director, Release PMO
Posted 1 month ago
We're looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on the launch process and broader project management responsibilities across Product Marketing at Elastic. In this role, you will be a trusted innovation leader, working closely across product marketing, product management, field enablement, campaigns, web, AR/PR, and other marketing teams to deliver world-class launches on a regular schedule, with maximum impact and greatest team efficiency.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable with clearly defining launch processes, driving projects across multiple teams, leveraging tools to track collaboration and stage content, and partnering with the product marketing and product management teams to help prioritize launch efforts appropriately. In the age of continuous delivery and cloud services, you should be comfortable with defining evergreen processes that move seamlessly from one launch to the next, and with handling ambiguity in a highly entrepreneurial and innovative company
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own it: define and manage the launch process across the entire Elastic portfolio and run releases
- Plan it: develop and execute detailed project plans and documentation to supervise and track progress against a schedule.
- Lead it: manage a small but growing launch PMO team and work collaboratively with the team to get it (releases) done
- Scale it: identify efficiencies and priorities that allow Elastic to scale rapidly and introduce new products and initiatives over time
- Support broader Product Marketing initiatives that extend beyond the launch process, bringing the most impactful content to market across channels
- Introduce and implement tools to lead the launch process and drive collaboration across teams
- Communicate effectively with executive partners on PMO priorities
What You Bring Along:
- Curiosity about the “how” of technology to tell compelling stories about the “why”
- The ability to tenaciously prioritize and think about scale and impact at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience in project management. Strong organizational skills with a proven track record to successfully support projects and see them through completion plus making time to contemplate and reflect on where and how to improve.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed team
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strategic, critical thinker who is comfortable getting into the weeds when needed, but is also able to view projects from a larger perspective and connect with executive teams; a real passion for problem-solving.
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and manage change.
- Experience using project management tools such as: Google GSuite Tools, GitHub, AirTable, Clubhouse, Trello, Slack, etc.
- Work experience in cloud services and/or subscription business, familiar with the release cadence and go-to-market strategy for SaaS/PaaS.
- Metrics-driven and analytical, experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce, or other tools a bonus.
- Experience with sales enablement, and how to work with teams that train field representatives about product updates.