Lead Engineer, Mobile
Open to remote
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 8/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 250 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, Sutter Hill Ventures, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
**no relocation or visa sponsorship available**
About the Role
Menlo Security is growing rapidly and currently looking for talented engineers with a passion for innovation that thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment to join the engineering team. As a Mobile Team Lead, you will lead continuing development of Menlo Security’s Mobile Web Isolation solution.
Every engineer plays a significant role in our journey to eliminate the threat of malware in the Enterprise and beyond. It’s an environment where you will be exposed to:
- Highly qualified peer engineers
- State of the art web isolation technology
- An agile product cycle delivering software from requirements definition to production in 2-6 week cycle times.
- Strong knowledge of traffic steering applications, e.g. per-app VPN on iOS and Android
- Strong general mobile application experience on iOS and Android
- Strong Mobile device configuration (MDM) experience
- Strong iOS/Android/general networking experience
- Strong understanding of HTTPS and SSL encryption/decryption
- Strong web fundamentals, including knowledge of HTTP and cookies
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Ability to self-organize around a complex feature set and testing requirements
- Ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent design experience of major software components
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to learn new things with little guidance
- Highly organized and thorough with critical attention to detail and documentation
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.