Product Designer, Mobile Photos - Location Flexible
San Francisco, CA; Remote - US
Posted 1 month ago
Role DescriptionThe mobile team is a steward of the customer experience and foundational quality of all Dropbox mobile apps. We own the experiences of the main Dropbox mobile app in addition to collaborating with partner teams around the company as the design for mobile. This role will be focused on crafting excellent experiences for our users and their photos, helping customers backup, secure, share and find deeper value in their most precious memories and files. You will be tasked with helping to set direction for the company in terms of how invest in Photos in the long term. Additionally, you’ll be a part of defining processes and teaching best practices for mobile, supporting design sprints with a mobile focus, and maintaining a high craft bar within our mobile products!
- Driving discovery and planning with your PM partner on immediate roadmaps and longer term strategies related to Photos.
- Running sprints or related exercises to work quickly through synthesizing insights and solution iterations with regular contact with customers throughout.
- Executing detailed and thorough designs accounting for edge cases and technical constraints.
- Socializing and collaborating with your immediate team in addition to more broadly across Dropbox.
- Mentoring members of our team in methods, craft, communication, and socialization.
- 7+ years of UX-related work experience
- Prior experience designing for Mobile surfaces across iOS/Android. Including knowledge of Apple HIG and Google Material Design.
- Excellent interaction design and visual craft skills including some experience with prototyping mobile experiences.
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other designers, researchers, product managers and engineers.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects from discovery through shipping/iteration.
- Steadfast empathy for our users, their lives, and what they hope to gain from using Dropbox.
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
- Comfortable with travel, potentially quarterly post-COVID.
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Job tags: Accounting Android iOS Mentoring Mobile UX
Job region(s): North America