Lead Deployment Engineer
Anywhere, USA or Canada
curbFlow is an early-stage startup that is developing the first-ever marketplace for real-time curb access for commercial and on demand operators like their first customers UPS and DoorDash. Operators and their drivers use curbFlow's platform to execute more efficient, safer and reliable on-street pickups & drop-offs of parcels, deliveries and freight. Effectively, curbFlow is "virtualizing" the built environment, creating meaningful value for operators in the physical space without having to touch the existing infrastructure or engage with or ask for permission from municipalities.
As of April 2020, curbFlow has successfully launched pilots in Washington DC and Columbus OH and expects to land API integrations with a number of leading on demand operators this year. It plans to expand the service to three more cities by the end of the year, despite COVID-19.
The company has a distributed team of 9 employees and raised $8mm in seed funding from General Catalyst, Initialized Capital, and a number of high-profile angels and startup exec’s. It was founded in October 2018 by Ali Vahabzadeh, previously Founder & CEO of Chariot, which sold to Ford in 2016.
We are looking for the company’s lead deployment engineer. The most critical piece to curbFlow's success is our ability to deploy and manage a large fleet of computer-vision enabled smart devices that perform their work locally and securely on the edge. As our lead deployment engineer, you will have a large impact in the architecture and development of this core technology that will enable us to virtualize physical space and infrastructure.
- Design, build and manage a deployment infrastructure for our edge computing devices (Jetson Nanos). This should allow for remote deployment of new models, continuous health monitoring, and robust logging to capture issues as they come up
- Maintain and improve existing automated train, test, and release pipelines. Develop release pipelines to single command deployment.
- Architect and develop API's for internal and external access to data collected by our deployed devices.
- Develop data pipelines that allow for efficient storage and processing of our data
- Assist with the development of robust installation and debugging procedures for new devices
- Past experience managing a large fleet of computing devices or sensors, particularly in environments with unreliable internet connections.
- Past experience constructing automated release pipelines
- Professional experience running Docker in production
- Ability to operate and execute independently without significant oversight
Nice to haves:
- Python, Kubernetes and AWS experience
- Past experience with computer-vision or ML related technologies
As the company's lead deployment engineer, you will be an integral team member working closely with all team members, including the CEO and investors. Your contribution will directly affect Company strategy, product development and other core aspects of the Company's early evolution.