Engineering Manager, SRE (Remote)
BenchSciBenchSci is the world leader in AI-Assisted Reagent Selection and Experiment Design. Our preclinical R&D SaaS platform uses machine learning to help pharmaceutical companies increase their research velocity.
BenchSci's vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform. Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing Core Services group. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Core Services, you will be responsible for the planning, delivery, mentoring, and coaching of our SRE team and lead all development and operations that ensure the reliability of our web applications. In this role, you will work closely with both cross-functional teams focused on feature delivery and other functional teams to ensure that we have the right tooling and capabilities to support the high reliability of our systems. You will be responsible for improvements to our incident response and postmortem process, operational reviews and incident trend analysis to guide the internal roadmap of the SRE team.
- Lead software and system design initiatives by leveraging cloud-native design patterns and injecting your cloud expertise into the entire development lifecycle
- Understand feature delivery teams' needs and engage the SRE team to help them improve the reliability of the services they support in production.
- Perform operational reviews with feature delivery and other teams to understand incident trends and hot spots and work with them on a plan to address them.
- Provide periodic incident trends analysis to identify systemic issues and devise projects on SRE and feature delivery team's roadmaps to address them.
- Actively manage our post-mortem process and track the completion SLA of the action items assigned to SRE and feature delivery teams.
- Scale the SRE function through the development of self-serve tooling in addition to headcount.
- Help improve our alerting and monitoring capabilities to help feature delivery teams identify production issues.
- Improve the observability of our systems to help identify root causes of incidents faster.
- Provide SLA compliance dashboards to track contractual obligations.
- Drive improvements in our incident response and post-mortems process and related automation.
- Increase the quality and standard of the documentation of our systems, and work with application development teams to maintain that standard.
- 2+ years of experience working in a leadership capacity within a DevOps or an SRE domain.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps Engineer, with a focus on observability and reliability
- Expert knowledge of observability and reliability tools and techniques in a cloud-native environment
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on cloud services
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
Our Culture:At BenchSci, we’re committed to cultivating an inspiring, inclusive, and equitable work environment for high performing, ego-free, self-starting individuals with a growth mindset, who enjoy the challenge of solving hard problems. We recognize that everyone here is a person first and an employee second. We want people to feel cared for and supported to bring the best versions of themselves to work and help the company achieve its mission. We believe culture is critical to success and invest accordingly. We live and promote our FASTT values of Focused, Advancement with Speed, Tenacity, and Transparency. We work hard to maintain an engaging, supportive environment where everyone can do their best work. To learn more, read our culture deck.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. To learn more, read about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations:BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
BenchSci is a remote first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, the US and the UK for this position.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.freshremote.work
Other jobs like this
Data Architect - Data Warehouse & MPP, Oil, Gas, Energy, Professional ServicesAnalytics AWS Bash Cloud Computer Science Data-driven ELT +13
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment
Software Development Engineer, Human Language TechnologiesComputer Science Customer service Data Analysis Machine Learning Mobile Object-oriented Training +1
Career development Signing bonus
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs