Finance Manager, Global Technology Organization
Remote-San Francisco, United States
AnaplanPlan, analyze, and act on finance, supply chain, and sales strategies that drive business performance using the Anaplan connected planning platform.
Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
Our new Finance Manager will provide extensive collaboration and financial support to the Global Technology Organization (GTO). You will lead all aspects of financial planning, forecasting, management reporting, and decision support for GTO leadership teams. This is a cross-functional role, where you will partner with multiple functions including Accounting and Corporate Finance, legal, and procurement to deliver accurate financial forecasting, concrete insights, and meaningful updates.
If you are an outstanding analytical problem solver with crisp communication, effective business partnering, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment, you will find success in this role!
- Partner cross-functionally to deliver world-class business partnership with R&D leaders to drive data-driven decisions such as headcount allocation and product portfolio prioritization
- Collaborate across functions to forecast activity, update departmental budgets, and maintain overall cost control of the organizations you support
- Develop positive relationships with business partners by understanding organizational priorities, and driving operational initiatives to support those priorities
Financial Planning & Forecasting:
- Support annual financial planning cycle; ensure budget alignment with strategic roadmap and profitability targets
- Drive monthly/quarterly financial forecast cycle, ensuring accurate projections, appropriate level of reporting, variance analysis, and pro-active communication.
- Prepare journal entries related to financial close activities (end-of-period accruals, reclass entries)
- Propose business operational improvements to enhance financial visibility, control, and planning effectiveness.
- Participate and lead strategic data analysis research and modeling for senior company leadership
- Support ad-hoc spend optimization requests and help hold business teams accountable to spend commitments
Reporting & Analytics:
- Assist with the reporting of financial results to internal and external audiences.
- Support monthly and quarterly business review process
- Use Anaplan models to automate and scale current processes.
- Drive cross-functional efforts to continuously improve analytics, data quality, and self-service reporting.
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Accounting to ensure correct accounting treatment of transactional activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, with MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 5+ years related FP&A/Strategic Finance experience in high-growth SaaS environment
- Passionate, accountable, self-motivated, and able to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Strong organizational, communication, and influencing skills
- High proficiency with analytics, Powerpoint, and financial model building
- Experience in the application of accounting principles to periodic financial reporting, planning, and forecasting
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.
Other jobs like this
Sr. Client Success Manager (Remote)Account management Computer Vision Cross-functional Data-driven Excel Machine Learning Public Sector +4
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation Health care +4
Planet Labs Inc.
Customer Success Manager, Education & ResearchCloud Global company Go Jira Manufacturing Point of contact Relationship-building +3
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
Senior Quality Process ConsultantCompliance Consumer products Life Sciences Manufacturing Training
Career development Equity Health care Insurance Medical leave +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs