Technical Program Manager
Taichung City, Taiwan - Remote
ZoomoCheck our reliable electric bikes and enjoy flexible lease plans in Australia, US, UK, France and more soon!
Are you a Program Manager who is a technical hands-on problem solver who loves to lead mission-critical programs with a passionate team of Engineers in a hyper-growth start-up environment? If yes, then keep reading below!
Reporting to the Director of Hardware Engineering (based in Sydney) you will own and lead our sustaining engineering program which aims to continuously improve our fleet of electric e-bikes and e-bike components such as our IoT module, batteries, motor controllers and other more mechanical components such as brakes. You will hands-on guide a multi-disciplinary engineering team throughout the process of scoping, planning, execution and roll-out of solutions and features. You will keep your stakeholders well informed at all times and your team on track to deliver in accordance with customer and stakeholder expectations.
A day in the life...
- Be the first point of contact for your assigned e-bike models within the organisation. People like to come to you because they know you will help them!
- Prioritise projects and align project priorities with your key stakeholders. You keep your project prioritisation visible and transparent and frequently inform your stakeholders.
- Manage the end-to-end delivery and day-to-day operational aspects of your projects. You plan your projects in an end-to-end manner and can run daily stand-ups to make sure your team is moving forward.
- Provide frequent status updates to a variety of key stakeholders in the business in a clear and concise manner. You are able to present a complex topic in an easy to understand way.
- Facilitate technical and business decisions amongst your team members and key stakeholders.
- Manage cross-functional teams consisting of mechanical engineers, firmware engineers, data analysts, supply chain and operations.
- Hands-on support your team with technical root cause analysis, definition of the right solutions, definition of roll-out plans and resolution of general bottlenecks which impede progress.
- Continuously improve our process and define best practices including tools and templates.
- 3-5 years of project management experience. Ideally you’ve run 2-3 end-to-end hardware projects in relevant industries before (e.g. micromobility, consumer goods, medical devices).
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a product development engineer.
- Run multiple projects simultaneously in an agile manner and can demonstrate how you effectively report out and engage stakeholders.
- Good tactical leadership skills to remotely and effectively guide junior engineers.
- Worked with cross-functional project teams, particularly mechanical, electrical and firmware engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, quality and operations.
- Natural technical problem solver. Expert with root cause analysis and definition of solution directions. Able to assess solution directions and to decide on the best way forward.
- Experienced with facilitating decision making in the absence of perfect or incomplete data.
- Worked in a similar environment before (fast-paced, changing priorities, incomplete product data, anecdotal product feedback, global scale and time-zones, high pressure to deliver in a short period of time).
- Solid product development experience, from development to manufacturing and production, ideally in a fast paced environment.
- University degree, ideally Mechatronics, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
Plus bonus points if:
- You are willing to consider relocation to be based from Sydney
- You have knowledge of bikes, e-bikes and electrical e-bike components such as batteries, motor, motor controller, display, wiring harness.
- You worked in micromobility before and understand what it entails to roll-out product improvements on a global scale
- You have attained PMP or Scrum Master certification
We are a startup in every sense of the word. Expect autonomy, visibility, breakneck pace, ground breaking technology, barriers to overcome, problems to pursue. Do you want to be part of a huge growth story, lead the charge and smash through barriers? Do you get your energy from seeing the direct impact of your work on customers who need our solution? If so, we want to talk to you!
At Zoomo, we offer:
- Equity Options - The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Flexible workplace with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours and remote working
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals via daily contact, weekly check-ins, in-person workshops, etc.
- Comprehensive remuneration package and benefits
- A flexible leave policy following completion of your probation period
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Even if you don't think you tick all the boxes, but believe that you have the skills and capabilities to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs