Senior iOS Engineer (Remote)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States - Remote
FleetioFleet management software for fleets of all sizes. Control the chaos of fleet maintenance and management with Fleetio!
We're looking for a passionate Senior iOS Engineer to join our Mobile Engineering team and advance our widely popular iOS app. Mobile apps are a huge part of our product strategy (our customers are managing mobile assets, after all), so your work will impact and advance a critical area of the business.
In this role, you'll be at the forefront of shipping features that directly enhance the lives of our customers around the world. You’ll also be an active participant in collaborating with design and product teams to grow ideas into features. If you’re passionate about crafting quality code and building beautiful iOS applications used by tens of thousands of customers, we would love for you to apply.
This is a remote role and is open to candidates based in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleets. You can learn more about our platform here. Transportation technology is a hot market, and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company.
More about Fleetio
- Fleetio overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Fleetio Go overview video: https://www.fleetio.com/go
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://www.fleetio.com/features
- API docs: developer.fleetio.com
- Test drive Fleetio to get an even better feel for what we're building: https://www.fleetio.com/register
What you'll be doing
- Craft and continuously ship well-tested, maintainable, and efficient Swift code
- Collaborate with product and design to create, design, and incrementally refine features
- Ensure quality in your code with unit and UI tests
- Proactively identify and squash bugs as well as performance issues
- Take an active role in shaping and defining our mobile engineering best practices
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and release processes to ship on a weekly cadence. Learn more about our Engineering Team and the interview process here.
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping native iOS apps
- Proficient in crafting quality code in Swift
- Mastery of the iOS SDK and mobile-specific fundamentals (networking, multithreading, memory management)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in designing human-centered interfaces with UIKit
- Experienced consuming RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Committed to improving code quality through writing unit and UI tests
- Knowledgeable of the current state of the iOS ecosystem, deployment, and continuous integration best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Experience with CircleCI, Fastlane
- You know a thing or two about the fleet management industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012 #LI-REMOTE
For Non-U.S. based candidates, Fleetio offers a country-specific competitive benefits package.
Not quite what you were hoping for? Check out our other engineering roles here.
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing email@example.com.
Other jobs like this
Senior Full Stack DeveloperA/B testing Angular Azure Cross-functional Financial services FinTech Full stack +7
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care +4
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs