Global Immigration Manager
AffirmWith Affirm, you can pay over time at your favorite brands. No late fees or compounding interest—just a more responsible way to say yes to the things you love.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm’s Immigration Team plays a meaningful role in supporting the company's growth. As Affirm expands internationally, we need an experienced Global Immigration Manager to scale our end-to-end immigration lifecycle programs for all Affirmers.
As the Global Immigration Manager, you will define our immigration programs, policies and processes and manage vendor partnerships to deliver an outstanding experience. You will serve as a source of support and expertise for employees and business partners, and build proactive plans around the latest legislation and industry best practices.
The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in a Client Services Manager position at an immigration law firm and/or manager-level in-house global immigration experience at a fast growing multinational company. North American and European immigration experience and management of Posted Worker Directive compliance programs is required.
This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Global Mobility and is based remotely in the United States.
What You’ll Do
- Build and manage a scalable global immigration program that delivers a premium experience to employees while guaranteeing adherence with existing and changing laws and regulations.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure compliance with service level agreements, contract fees, adherence to budgets and escalate concerns.
- Develop and continuously improve program policies and processes while maintaining up to date knowledge of immigration regulations and changes globally.
- Conduct reviews of immigration data, processes and policies to identify gaps, draft policy and process revisions and ensure audit-readiness.
- Facilitate training and develop resources and tools to educate internal partners on immigration policies, processes and updates.
- Provide consultations to employees and cross-functional team members (i.e. People Business Partners, Talent, Mobility, Managers and Leadership) on immigration and global mobility-related matters.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop programs and policies on immigration dependencies related to Global Mobility.
- Provide critical subject matter expertise for corporate development activity, i.e., mergers and acquisitions and global expansion efforts.
What We Look For
- 8+ years experience in global immigration; European experience is required, inclusive of Posted Worker Directive compliance.
- Demonstrated success independently managing a global immigration program.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with proven track record to thrive in ambiguity, design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- You are an empathetic and clear communicator; you have the ability to distill complex regulations and processes to partners who are not familiar with immigration matters and have outstanding discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
Location - Remote Canada#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs