Engineering/Sr Manager - Dispute Management
Remote - United States
SiftFraud prevention solutions that enable your business to innovate & grow without increased risk. Protect your customers and commerce with Sift fraud solutions.
About the team:
At Sift, we enhance trust and safety in the digital world with our AI-driven technology platform. Our products deliver payment protection, ensure content integrity, protect account defense, and manage payment disputes for businesses worldwide. Sift Dispute Management reduces revenue lost to chargebacks using a holistic dispute management system that also helps companies unlock potential revenue.
The Dispute Management engineering team handles all data integrations in Sift’s Dispute Management business. This team is responsible for all incoming and outgoing data integrations, ingesting streams of customer data to be used in the dispute process.
What we’re looking for:
Managers who are inspiring, creative, flexible, and can identify and bring focus to What’s Important Now (while still keeping an eye on the long term) will excel in our organization and make the biggest impact. Bring your toolbox of effective and varied communication skills and techniques.
You value collaboration and transparency and have a Get Stuff Done mindset. As a leader of teams, you understand the importance of these aspects of engineering success and lead by example.
You strengthen a culture of mentorship, give regular constructive feedback, set goals and understand how to motivate your staff. You actively invest in the career development of your team and grow engineering groups by hiring effectively.
What you’ll do:
- Grow a team of talented, broadly-capable engineers to own our dispute management team, responsible for managing dispute management system, services, and data.
- Identify and analyze opportunities to improve processor integrations and improve the environment to support an evolving set of use cases.
- Responsible for leading the charge to improve the dispute management product, including developing a roadmap, implementation, maintenance and support of the platform.
- Collaborate with product and customer success teams to ensure we are working effectively and focusing on the right priorities
- Demonstrate and embody a strong, abiding commitment to the highest cultural standard, focusing on inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork
- Ensure that our systems can continue to scale rapidly while addressing rapidly evolving product team needs.
- Motivate, listen and empathize, and help engineers to excel.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience managing engineering teams
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and developing top engineering talent
- Experience partnering closely with the product managers to help build and drive the roadmap
- Strong management and project management skills for planning and executing complex projects
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or related practical experience
- 3+ years of direct hands-on experience with Ruby and/or Rails
- Experience with Postgres, RabbitMQ, Sidekiq, docker, and AWS
- A passion for scalable, 24x7 backend web services
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer - SafetyAirflow Distributed systems Machine Learning ML PyTorch Spark Statistics +1
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs