Security Program Manager, Embedded Payroll
Denver, CO; New York, NY; San Francisco; CA; Remote
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto Embedded is the newest standalone business unit at Gusto and our first product is Gusto Embedded Payroll. Our vision is to enable any third party developer to build the best payroll product for their end customers. Gusto Embedded Payroll will power our strategic partners' payroll offering through APIs, unlocking market share and ushering in the future of the people platform. You can read more about why our Founders are so excited for and committed to Gusto Embedded Payroll in this recent blog post by Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Tomer London.
As a Security Program Manager, you will lead our end to end security process for Gusto Embedded. You will work closely with a team of Solutions Engineers on all things security in supporting our Partners in their evaluation of our payroll product, and our confirmation of their software security approach. Your primary responsibilities will include Security Assessments of our partner’s software to ensure it’s secure, yearly security validation of these partners, and supporting our teams in Partner reviews / audit’s of Gusto’s security.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead our end to end security program and strategy within Gusto Embedded
- Be the bridge to our core security team, representing their needs and requirements for engaging with partners within Gusto EMbedded
- Communicate our security process with partners over email, in meetings and presentations, helping partners understand why and the value of a secure payroll application
- Review submitted assessments by partners focusing on key security areas, evaluating key security areas they are currently lacking
- Work closely with your Solutions Engineers to plan and understand the best path for communicating security requirements back to partners, being mindful of other business objectives in flight
- On an annual basis, work with partners to ensure, collect and document consistent security validation of their product.
- Be the direct point of contact with security software partners like VISOTrust & Vanta to ensure we have the right tools in place to support our partners
- Be the expert on all things security as related to gusto.com, gusto embedded and our approach to secure software development.
- Support Solutions Engineers in the Security review of Gusto by Large partners
- Lead onsite assessments and audits of Gusto by key partners, pulling in other departments (IT, infrastructure, etc.) where needed.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Minimum 4-7 years of work experience in information security, program/project management, or similar capacities
- Deep understanding of the software security landscape. Areas that enterprise organizations require to achieve key compliances like SOC2, PCI etc.
- Ability to communicate recommendations in software changes comfortably over the phone, email, slack etc.
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear experience focusing under pressure
- Experience driving projects end-to-end independently, including evaluating, defining and improving end-to-end processes
- Experience influencing stakeholders and partner teams, especially in collaborating with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies
- Communication skills across technical and non-technical stakeholders and attention to detail
- Experience managing competing priorities and simultaneous/concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role (security engineering, security program manager,) and a broad technical background across different security expertise
- Experience in GRC, compliance or assisting an organization in working towards certification (SOC2, PCI, HIPAA)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $142,000 to $198,000 per year in Denver & most remote locations, and $172,000 to $239,000 per year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Other jobs like this
Staff Autonomy Software Engineer - Behavior & PlanningAgile Linux Mentoring PhD Statistics Unit testing
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +2
Project Manager (Digital Services)Agile Cloud-based CRM Cross-functional Project Management Public Sector Security Training User Experience User stories
Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
GovQA Senior Project ManagerCRM Cross-functional People management Project Management Public Sector Security Training User Experience
Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +3
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs