Strategic Enterprise Sales Engineer
Posted 3 months ago
Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
- Lead Sales Engineering effort for Strategic accounts. Assist in the discovery and drive the creation of WOW demos. You will be successful by providing a combination of best of class business process consulting, and clearly connecting the Talkdesk advantage to our customers and prospects.
- Work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects.
- Responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Talkdesk sales cycle.
- Take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
- Responsible for development and delivery of on-site and virtual product demonstrations.
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Responsible for scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and POCs.
- Responsible for working with the sales team to answer technical questions.
- Able to respond to functional and technical RFI/RFP requirements and mapping said requirements to the software solution.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Managers.
- Must be willing to travel.
- 4-8+ years of Enterprise experience as a SE for a CRM, hosted contact center, VoIP/Telecommunications company or similar technology.
- Must be successful selling to Enterprise and Mid-Market executives, and convincing C-level and director level executives of the technical merits of the software solution.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Broad understanding of the contact or call center market.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills.
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Proficiency in using hosted contact center applications would be a distinct advantage.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
- In-depth knowledge of Customer Service Software, ITSM, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence is a plus.
- Currently live in Northeast or Mid-Atlantic region.