Posted 1 month ago
PART TIME: 25/hrs per week
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a talented Route Analyst to join our growing Routing Operations team to perform tactical routing operations to ensure that Twilio balances maximising cost effectiveness, while providing the highest quality of service for Voice/SMS traffic. The right candidate will be passionate about serving customers, have deep telecommunications carrier domain knowledge and experience.
Successful candidates as a Route Analyst, you will work with a global team responsible for route analysis, route testing, monitoring, troubleshooting and reporting on routing quality and service costs. The role will also involve identifying and resolving provider configuration and service/routing related issues, responding to carrier escalations and managing routing and prefix tables.
- You have experience with telecom carrier rate decks, disputes, etc.
- You're a process-savvy “people” person who learns fast and thinks on your feet.
- Your colleagues believe in your commitment to building a culture of continuous operational improvements.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme. You’re an expert at prioritizing and executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You hit the ground running. You quickly learn and master every aspect of complicated systems.
- You have experience working on high-end products and services and know how to reduce the stress of Customers regarding their high-dollar, business-critical investments.
- Your modus operandi is making metrics-driven decisions.
- You have basic understanding of telecom quality metrics.
- You are passionate about different types of quality metrics.
- You have the ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of relevant experience
- You can craft your own queries in SQL.
- You are an expert in MS Excel.
- You are familiar with industry standard routing tools
As Routing Analyst, you will:
- NEVER SETTLE: Analyze carrier invoices and ensure they are accurate in conjunction with our Finance team. Work with software engineers to define the tools necessary to automate and streamline our processes. Maintain the global routing tables for Voice & SMS. Analyze existing revenue/margin SMS & Voice costs.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain accurate and easy to follow internal documentation of new and existing routing processes
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Work on the escalations from support for complex routing/quality issues. Develop and manage Routing Products to meet customer cost, quality and feature requirements. Work closely with your colleagues in Carrier Operations & Carrier Relations to ensure quality and cost metrics are being met.
- BE AN OWNER:Create requirements for product enhancements and feature requests. Research changes to international & domestic rate codes and dialing plan changes.* You will create and maintain detailed routing reports. Take on routing improvement projects to streamline routing and cost savings.
- DRAW AN OWL:Develop and maintain operational processes. Twilio’s culture is highly collaborative and team-driven. You will be a member of a passionate, smart team that works together to ensure Twilio’s customer’s phone calls and messages always get connected at the highest quality.
Twilio makes communication easy and powerful. Over 700,000 web and mobile developers have used Twilio’s cloud-based platform to integrate voice, SMS and MMS capabilities into software applications. Customers like Uber, Airbnb, Box and Home Depot leverage Twilio’s well-documented REST interface to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area’s 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.